Wisconsin
Options

Budget for rehearsal dinner?

We are paying for the rehearsal dinner ourselves...I just logged in to check how much the Knot has us budget for it and it is not included! Does anyone know if we should include rehearsal dinner cost in the reception costs? Or am I completely missing it somewhere?

Also...what about inviting grandparents to rehearsal dinner? Expected?
Thanks!

Re: Budget for rehearsal dinner?

• Options
    I also noticed that TK does not include the rehearsal dinner in the budget. Perhaps because it is a separate event?  I would still budget for this.  A rehearsal dinner can be at a five star restaurant or it can be Little Caesar's hot-and-ready pizza in your backyard.  So how much is completely up to you.

We are inviting grandparents to our rehearsal dinner, but this is completely optional, as is including out of town guests.  The only people that really need to be invited are immediate family, people in the WP, and SOs of these people.
  • Options
    We are hosting our own for around 35 people at a local pub & grill. The cost is around $25 per person for a basic buffet style dinner which includes a private party room.

We invited all of the wedding party & SO's, parents, siblings, and nieces/nephews. If you're close to your grandparents, godparents, officant, etc, they should be invited as well.

Of course, a rehearsal dinner is not a requirement if you can't afford it or do not want one.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_budget-for-rehearsal-dinner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:118Discussion:d67f059d-1a13-4ade-a83c-bcb5ad981762Post:a6e3f3e8-f846-40af-8f43-eb283e4b9153">Re: Budget for rehearsal dinner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are hosting our own for around 35 people at a local pub & grill. The cost is around $25 per person for a basic buffet style dinner which includes a private party room. We invited all of the wedding party & SO's, parents, siblings, and nieces/nephews. If you're close to your grandparents, godparents, officant, etc, they should be invited as well.<strong> Of course, a rehearsal dinner is not a requirement if you can't afford it or do not want one.</strong>
    Posted by itzMS[/QUOTE]

<div>This part is true IF you are not having a rehearsal.  However, if you have a rehearsal, you do need to properly host your guests afterwards with a rehearsal dinner.</div>
  • Options
    I heard that FI family traditionally pays... but that is not our situation. Good question!
    June 2013 Sig

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards