Favors
Options

Can we give two favours?

I really like the idea of a candy bar as a favour. My fiance likes it too but has his heart set on giving out saplings. He has been collecting seeds so he can grow them himself. Trees and the outdoors are important to him so we thought saplings were a good, unique idea. But I still want to do a candy bar...can we have both?

And if not, I should probably give up on the candy bar, right?

Re: Can we give two favours?

• Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can do both but you might have a lot of people leaving the saplings behind.  I like the idea but DH and I would not be able to plant it because we live in a townhouse.  Friends in apartments also would not be able to use it and those with houses and yards may not want another tree there.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    catwinecatwine member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We don't have friends in apartments or townhouses, but I never thought that people might not want another tree...So i guess I point that out to my fiance?
  • Options
    Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I rent the house I live in now, and I'm not allowed to make any changes to the yard or flower beds, so I would probably leave a sappling behind.    If you do this, just make sure that you have a back-up plan of someplace you can plant them if not all of the guests want to take one.   

A candy bar would be fun, but it could get expensive if you have a lot of guests.
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    DeidresmilesDeidresmiles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    candy bar is a pretty stable idea. Anyone and everyone can use it. And, I would have loved to use saplings too but i agree with tldh that not everyone can use it.
    Favors can be of sentimental value to you, maybe it means a lot to your fiance?

A woman knows the face of the man she loves as a sailor knows the open sea. -Honore Balzac
  • Options
    catwinecatwine member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I talked to my fiance yesterday about this and he agreed that saplings won't work. We are going to do a candy bar which isn't too expensive if we buy in bulk plus we are having a small reception.
  • Options
    colstj1colstj1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes you can do both! My FI and I are sort of doing two different favors. We are doing a candy buffet and then setting out little bookmark slips at each place setting that will be little platix slips for a photo booth picture to slide into. Nothing wrong with doing more than one thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards