• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham

Traditions by Anna review. (long)

I could not be happier with my experience with Traditions by Anna in Raleigh!! I called in to make an appointment so that I could see the dresses that were part of the Romona Keveza Legends trunk show. I explained to the lady over the phone that I was plus sized and I that I certainly didn't expect to actually try on any of the dresses and that I just wanted to look. I came in for the appointment and was paired with Martha, a wonderfully sweet and genuine lady who made me feel amazing. We started pulling dresses right away and she led me to a dressing room even though I kept protesting that I wouldn't be able to fit. I was pretty much right, I didn't fit into any of them, at least not perfectly, none of the dresses zipped up. I felt super self conscious and didn't even want to come out of the room but Martha made me feel comfortable enough to at least open the door to show my mom. I kept jokingly insulting myself (it's how I deal when I'm upset) and she would always come back with saying how beautiful I looked. Even though there was another girl at the store who had to have been a size two, I was never treated any different than she was and I ended up finding my perfect dress (an all lace Romona Keveza with a custom bolero). I was there for about four hours and never felt rushed or ignored. Every other associate that worked there would pass by and even stop to chat for a bit about each dress I tried on. Martha hugged me and even held me when I teared up in the dressing room before bringing out champagne to celebrate. I was always told that I would have to go to Davids Bridal because I was plus sized and I was convinced that any other location would treat me rudely because of my size. Traditions by Anna exceeded my expectations and I absolutely loved Martha! http://www.traditionsbyanna.com

Re: Traditions by Anna review. (long)

• SCogs18SCogs18 member
    Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments
    edited December 2011
    I agree 100%!!  Traditions by Anna is the most amazing bridal salon and I am so glad I'm a Traditions bride!  I bought my dress there in September and it was certianly under "special circumstances."  My mother had fallen and was in critical condition in the ICU.  My consultant was Anna herself and her first reaction was to offer to reschedule the appointment.  She didn't want me to be pressured or to feel like she was just trying to make a sale.  But Anna and my dad helped me pick an amazing gown.  They actually pulled a dress off a mannequin in the main store window for me to try!  They made me feel truly special and that they would do anything to help me find the right dress.  Typically you are not allowed to take photos of dresses when you are trying on (you can take as many as you want after purchase), but they made an exception for me so when my mom did finially wake up (she's find now!) she could still feel a little part of the experience.

I made a second appointment once my mother was out of the hospital just to show my mom the dress.  I got to dress up in my gown and we shopped for veils during a trunk show.  Just a heads up, if you buy your gown at Traditions, you can get 10% off your veil/accessories.  Every Triangle Bride should seriously consider shopping there!

Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards