Ohio-Cleveland

suggestions on a ceremony/reception hall for a small wedding 50-70 people..

Planning a wedding in 6 months- can it be done or am I crazy! haha..  
we would like our ceremony to be in the same place as the reception..any suggestions in the Cleveland area-thanks! :)

Re: suggestions on a ceremony/reception hall for a small wedding 50-70 people..

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It can be done in 6 months, especially since you'd be looking at a May date. (June/July/August would be harder). DH and I planned our wedding in 7 months (end of April date) --no problem. The key is being flexible. Are you thinking east/west/south side of Cleve? Or doesn't it matter at all?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ktnmunchkinktnmunchkin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are using a hotel location for our ceremony and reception. That could be an idea for you.

• Coqui24Coqui24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a nice hall at St Clarence Church in North Olmsted.  We have had retirement parties, baptism and wedding showers in this hall.  Its a nice hall. Hope this helps. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    We were engaged for 5.5 months, so it can be done.  We also had our ceremony and reception at the same site.  Both were at the Renaissance Hotel in downtown Cleveland.

Guests list: 65
  • nicole08709nicole08709 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you very much everyone, I forgot I posted this!
    We would like to keep it small..but still have a very elegant/fancy ceremony & reception w/ good photo opps. Downtown Cleveland/Strongsvile/N Royalton area..we are looking for something unique-not just an ordinary hall...with less people we want to do more for us. I appreciate it :)

Oh and I got measured and ordered my dress today-Alfred Angelo-Disney fairy tale"Belle" dress :) I LOVE IT!!
  • edited December 2011
    It's on the east side, but it's worth looking up mooreland mansion. They can accomodate your number, and the place is gorgeous. Goodluck!
  • fruitnroo12fruitnroo12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Elmwood Cabin in Rocky River is gorgeous!  It has indoor/outdoor fireplaces, full kitchen, nice restrooms, and lovely woodwork.  And It has a seating capacity of 80.  Their website is http://www.rrcity.com/rec/ElmwoodDedicationandOpenHouse.htm
  • erinr29erinr29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having our wedding at Windows on the River in the old flats in Cleveland.  They have 2 rooms, we're using the city view room.  It holds up to 250 but can be used for smaller parties too!  Look into it it's gorgeous and unique...has an industrial feel which is different.  Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Parklane Villa in University Circle is very unique and elegant. Marigold does the catering exclusively.The food is very tasty. If your budget allows this is a great venue for ceremony and reception.

• ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Strongsville has an Old Town Hall - http://www.strongsville.org/content/UserFiles/File/Economic%20Development/Old%20Town%20Hall%20Renovation.pdf

The college club of Cleveland, Union Club, and one of my faves - Lake Forest CC in Hudson would all have beautiful rooms for your size wedding. 

• Hi there,

I thought the Hermit Club was gorgeous, and would be a great venue for that wedding size. It's a private club located downtown in the theater district. We didn't get into pricing because it was way too small for my wedding, but the people were nice and it was a really nice location. Their website is: http://thehermitclub.org/private-events/wedding-and-related-events

It might very well be affordable as well, because I don't think its well known.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards