Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Save the date help!

So I am getting married in May and really want to get my save the dates out of the way asap, but I am having a few issues.

1. Is it weird to not have a location on a save the date?  Most of the ones I look at online have the location, but I am not exactly sure if I should include it.  My reception is about an hour away from my ceremony.  Many of my guests live close to the ceremny location.  I think etiquette says that if your reception and ceremony are in two different places, you should put the ceremony location on the std, but to me that doesn't make sense because most people will have to travel to the reception so it makes more sense for them to know where that is... and I don't even anticipate everyone going to the ceremony.  Do I put both locations?  I made a wedding website that has all of the information on it, so can I just write that instead of any location at all? 

2.  I know that adults living at home get their own invites, but what about save the dates?  It seems silly to send multiple save the dates to one household.  But if I only send one, do I address it to the whole family or individual names?

Please let me know what you think!

Re: Save the date help!

• Options
    I personally think an hour between the reception and ceremony is to far, but that's just me. I would find a way to put both on there b/c of the distance, if you could. I know it's not traditionally done, but not everyone will go to your website. If you only do one location, it should be the ceremony location
  • Options
    I didn't even put any location on ours. I just put the date & said for information about the wedding, check out our website at.......
  • Options
    Save the date cards are just what they are a reminder of the date. however right now vista print is having a special where you can get 30 save the date cards for FREE just pay shipping and handling of around 6.00. If you need more have someone else order them..Also the ones they have you can put a location on them if you need too.  Good luck.
  • Options
    I would put ceremony location and DEFINITELY include a website where people can go check it out and see that the reception will be in a different place.
    If they're in the same city, you can just do that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards