Virginia

Tiny Ceremony Venue Suggestions.....the more specific the better!

Hello friends!

So here's the quick version: the fiance and I are in a bit of a pickle. In order to take advantage of some GREAT governement benefits associated with a job transfer this winter to another state (i.e. they'll pay for the sale of my house), we need to be officially married before September 1st (when the offer letter arrives). For that reason we are opting for a teeny tiny ceremony for just the two of us in a couple of weeks followed by a "watch us renew our vows and get married all over again" event & reception with our families and friends next summer in our beloved Outer Banks. Everyone we love is on board with this idea...which just leaves one important issue.....

Where should we have this teeny tiny ceremony?

We'd like to skip the whole courthouse thing and have it somewhere outdoorsy where we can snap a few pictures of the moment we officially tied the knot, but we don't want to get silly and spend a bunch of money for an expensive venue when we don't need one this tme around, you know what I mean? What I would LOVE (and appreciate HEAPS) are suggestions from y'all on beautiful spots in VA befitting a ceremony for two very happy people who need to get hitched soon. :) Shenandoah Valley? State parks? Waterfalls? Scenic Overlooks?  The more specific the spot the better if you don't mind!

THANK YOU in advance for your ideas!! :) 

Re: Tiny Ceremony Venue Suggestions.....the more specific the better!

• scpalmtree06scpalmtree06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about Natural Bridge?
  • SSM&JLMSSM&JLM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not going to get into the 2 wedding debate, but if it's just you two, an officiant and photographer, why not find a lovely state park near you all and do it there?  I wouldn't spend too much time or effort looking for somewhere specific if there are only 4 people involved.  Just make sure your officiant is on board for where you have it.
  • edited December 2011
    There's a two wedding debate? What does that mean exactly? :)

We were blessed with a friend's offer to host it at his family's river house on the James River...it's perfect and I am SO relieved to have settled on the "where."

Now to find an officiant.....

Thanks to the both of you for taking a moment to respond...I very much appreciate it!
    mm2
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards