Pennsylvania-Central

Frank King Photography

Has anyone used Frank King? I've never really heard of him but when I did  a google search for Photographers in my area [Lebanon], this one came up, I emailed for more info and the email i got back seemed a little..............questionable?  just mentioned about he was giving me this great deal... [ 6 hrs, free engagment and boudior, a free DVD of all the images,
1-11x14, 10- 8x10, 40 - 4x6  -- all for $895.

guess i'm wondering, too good to be true?
Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!

Re: Frank King Photography

• We had originally booked him as our photographer, but ended up canceling...my nephew just used him for his wedding two weeks ago and I haven't heard anything negative...

We were also getting what I thought was a great deal (that might be his favorite catch phrase), except, while our package ($1195) included a DVD of the photos, it did not include a copyright for the photos, so the DVD was just that -- a DVD.  If we wanted prints we had to go through him and pay his rates (instead of, for example, a $1 print at Walmart). 

Also, he is very portrait oriented, over the photo journalistic photography that I wanted -- which was another big reason we decided to go another direction with photographers.

He's been in business forever, so if his portfolio and the package is what you're looking for -- it's a good deal.  It pretty much depends on what you're looking for in prints -- if 40 is enough, you're good to go...if you fall in love with more than 40 pictures, your additional costs will add up fairly quickly.  I know him and his team are reliable and he wouldn't have been in business forever if they weren't.  So, as long as what he's offering is what you want, I say go for it...it's a great price. 
    photo KimberlyWedding_zps9ece9155.jpg
  • Thanks a lot! I was really worried because I have had way to may of those 'great deals' that don't pan out...  we'll definatly look into a little further...

Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • I don't recommend it for a few reasons.  I think his style is stale and traditional plus you rarely get the actual Frank King photographing your wedding.  Find a good deal but be sure to fall in love with the photos first.  Have you checked out wedding wire for deals and reviews on local photogs?  There's also a newer site called snapknot.
  • hanbranhanbran member
    First Comment
    If I am honest...I saw his information at a bridal show and while his prices are lower his style is much older than many of the photographers in this area...so I think it depends on what you are looking for. I personally was looking for something a little more modern and wanted something nicer than what I saw from his products. Also...not offering the print/usage rights with his DVD was not what I was looking for either. I wanted the usage rights to my images. I can make some recommendation if you are still looking for a photographer. 
  • I wouldn't. I haven't heard the best things. Somone I know didn't like her wedding album. 
  • My mom used Frank King for her wedding 27 years ago, and she hated how her pics came out. She said that she got better pictures from her Aunt that was also taking pictures. I'm sure alot has changed in that time though. I would really check out portfolios and make sure you like their style before you book.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I met him at a Bridal show and both my mother in law and i both got the same impression of him....very salesman like. I felt like I was at a car dealership with all his ways of trying to make it sound like it was such an amazing deal.
    AJK2013
  • I also met him at a wedding so and he felt very salesman like.  I then went to another booth called "Let's Be Candid" Photography. I realized they both had pictures of the very same bride in the very same pictures on their exhibits!! The owner of "Let's Be Candid" used to work for Frank King. His style was more photojournalistic. He left Frank King and Frank King still uses the owner of "Let's Be Candid's" old photos to promote Frank King's work. Even though that specific photographer left and started his own business. Frank King still uses that photographers picures.

Bottom line, if he's not honest about his photos he is not a good choice.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• az1177az1177 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Tight budget?
    Consider me for you photography needs!
    Free engagement session included with every wedding!!!
  • We put a $20 deposit down on him after we talked to him at a bridal show. After reading this, I am having second thoughts. I have emailed him to ask if there is an additional fee we can pay to have a cd of all the images. If he can't do that, we will probably go elsewhere. I hadn't thought of that before we booked. Darn it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards