Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Wedding bands...

Just a quick question for you ladies that have purchased your wedding bands seperatly (didn't come as a set). Where did you get it from? Are their any stores that you suggest staying away from? Any perks or discounts with any of the stores?  We have decided to take today and go get our bands (once the tree is removed from our driveway), and since I wasn't planning on that, I just want to be a bit more prepared.   TIA

Re: Wedding bands...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    For my wedding bands we went to Kay jewelers, as that's where FI got my e-ring.  I knew I was going to want them soldered together, so instead of dealing with two different places, I wanted everything from one store.  We found something that matches perfectly & I love it!  = )

FI ended up getting his there also, just because he found one that he loved there.  We also looked at Wedding Day & Jared for him, but he wasn't finding much that he liked at those places. 

We put both rings on our Kay CC, because we got 0% interest for 1 year, so it will be paid off right before the wedding! 

Good luck on getting that tree taken care of!  = )
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We've used Buchowsky jewelers in the Roseville mall for years. I cannot say enough good things about them. Plus the service is very personalized and not really mall story like at all.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    H got my ring at Rogers & Hollands, and that's where we ended up getting my band too.  It took awhile to find a band that fit (he had my ring custom designed), so I actually didn't have a wedding band until a few months after the wedding. oh well :)

We grabbed it during their Valentine's sale, so we got the ring for about $350 (I think it was like $600 originally?)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're getting my wedding band from Kay also. My e-ring is from there, but it did not have a matching band. We found one that fits perfectly with it, so we'll be getting that soon and getting it soldered together before the wedding.
    I got FI's ring online, because a fellow knottie had a free giftcard for tungsten bands, and FI loved one of them on the website, so we got it!
  • Options
    colstj1colstj1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got my wedding band from Kay. They are great to work with and my band was not a matching set with my e ring. The band did not line up correctly with my ring, but Kay told me that they could get that molded and fixed and now it looks absolutely great with it.  They can help you find anything that will look good and will even custom make something if you don't find what you like. We plan on getting my FI's ring from there eventually.
  • Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got mine from Shane Co. We'd purchased my e-ring there, but it didn't come as a set. It was really, really hard to find a band that would fit around my halo, but when we went back to Shane they had the perfect one waiting for me. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI got my engagement ring from Kay, and the wedding band I liked there that kind of matched it was $600 (which was a last resort if I couldn't find anything cheaper that I liked). So we would stalk Pawn America (the one in Duluth) for his wedding band and a wedding band for me.  I found the exact wedding band that I wanted from Kay at Pawn America for $200!!!  It just needs to be resized and re-rhodium plated.  I found FI's wedding band on Amazon (just plain white gold 8mm thick) for $80, and it is just the same quality as the ones I checked out at Kay for $350-$400.

So I guess the moral of my story is don't be afraid to check out pawn shops and online places for wedding bands! =]
  • Options
    wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ended up buying mine from the jeweler that my parents had used for years but was going out of business.  Originally, I was going to get just a plain gold band because my e-ring is a 3 stoner and it would have been pretty blingy to get stones in the wedding band.  However, when I went to the liquidation sale, they had a 6 (small) stone band for an insanely good price - less than I would have paid for a regular gold band - that ended up matching the length and color of my 3-stone ring's diamonds almost perfectly.  Unless you're looking at them insanely up close, you can't tell that they don't "match".  I didn't like the way that the matched band to my ring bent around the stones of the e-ring so that just wasn't an option for me. 

DH got his ring from Kay - same deal as Andi.  DH had gotten a Kay card when he bought my e-ring so they had good financing.  He ended up ordering one in because they didn't have quite what he wanted but he really really likes it.
  • Options
    hippoloverhippolover member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got out E ring and will be getting my wedding band from Wedding Day Diamonds. Their customer service has been the best I have ever recieved!

They have 3 locations.  I just can't say enough good things about them. If you want more information, PM me. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We will be getting ours from Shane Co. I could go on and on about their service, but I won't. They have excellent employees and I always leave feeling like I wasn't pressured or forced to do anything that I wasn't comfortable with. Plus, their selection is ridiculous.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_wedding-bands?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:1391012a-abfa-40a4-abc3-b118317f30b4Post:e4449293-e177-4038-8b85-b287f173521e">Re: Wedding bands...</a>:
    [QUOTE]We got mine from Shane Co. We'd purchased my e-ring there, but it didn't come as a set. It was really, really hard to find a band that would fit around my halo, but when we went back to Shane they had the perfect one waiting for me. 
    Posted by graysquirrel[/QUOTE]

Cosigned. We went with Shane Co. We didn't have an ideal experience because H purchased my ring online which made our account hard to find in the store. I would still go back to them again and again. My ring is curved and they had the perfect curved band.
  • Options
    newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to Perry Cohn Jewelers (St. Louis Park, Metropoint office bldg) for all our rings... a friend recommended it to us and they were great to work with and pretty flexible with payments.  My husband paid for my e-ring and wedding band in installments while I paid for his all at once.  They may or may not be able to do multiple payments if it's a super-unique custom ring... Their hours are limited to fairly standard work hours on weekdays and Saturday, but are open later on Wednesday evenings.

I've also heard good things about Knox Jewelers... custom rings are definitely their thing!
  • Options
    maybe984maybe984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got mine at Rogers & Hollands. DH had bought my e-ring from Blue Nile (the company) but we weren't crazy about the supposed "matching" band that didn't seem to quite match. So, we decided to poke around in a few jewelry stores to see if we could find something affordable that went with my ring. Our very first stop was R&H, and I found the perfect ring within 15 minutes. Seriously, it looks like a perfect match with my e-ring.

One nice perk is that they have no issues soldering one of their rings to a ring purchased elsewhere... and once they are soldered, will treat the whole ring as though you bought it there (maintenance and everything...) I think most stores would extend the same coutesy (at least, I would hope) but it was certainly reassuring.

• Options
    edited December 2011

My FI got the e-ring at Shane co. so i'm going to go back there to find the band and keep them both at the same place. The staff there are fantastic!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards