Military Brides
Options

Kinda freakin out guys...

OK, I'm having a bad bride freakout moment. I have to pay the balance tomorrow for our venue. I have this awful, terrible, irrational fear that they're gonna tell us that the balance is way more than what we expected it to be. Don't know why, just do. Did any of you feel this way? I feel like I should be knowing what the balance is, and I don't! I just asked them via email, but I feel like they're gonna be all "we'll discuss that tomorrow." Ahhhh! Talk me down guys, TALK.ME.DOWN. I hate spending money :/

Sorry for the meltdown...

Re: Kinda freakin out guys...

• Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The former mock trial addict in me (and the future lawyer's fiancee) wants me to remind you to look at your contract and bring it with you.

What's the total amount on the contract?  Does it give a number, or is it based on per-head?  Also, bring proof of any deposits you gave them.

They'll respond via email, I'm sure.  It's the least confrontational way of telling someone to pay money, rather than face-to-face tomorrow.  It'll be fine!!!

I hate spending money, too.  I recently got a collections notice from a doctor's office that I paid... grrr.... more than spending money, I hate having to prove to someone that I already SPENT money!  And then getting collections agencies off your butt is really a pill.

Anniversary

• Options
    LetsHikeTodayLetsHikeToday member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I felt that was and it was $3000 less than i though! :-)
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was the same way but all ended up being fine.  When we did finally pay the rest of the money I kept going back to see if what we got said "PAID IN FULL" becuase I am crazy.  All will be fine if it is in the contract that you signed.  I even asked at the final walk through if we owned any more.  H kept saying why are you asking them if they want more money. 

PS- I'M SO EXCITED...I'M SO EXCITED...ZACH, I am so scared.  Just call me the Save by the Bell girl!!!
  • Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    edited December 2011
    They won't just say that you owe X amount of ridiculous dollars, end of story.  And if they do, then I would seriously consider finding a new venue if possible, regardless of short notice.  

We freaked a little before paying our balance off because of how many people declined.  We invited 270, and when doing our contract estimated that we would have roughly 225 people there.  Our contract was signed based off 225 people, and they said we can always add no problem.  But then we only ended up having 195 people, and I freaked thinking we were going to have to pay for 225 people, regardless that we would have 30 less.  So i just called and asked.  We were under contract to spend the $10k minimum for the room, but they let us make up the difference by adding more hors d'ouevres and ice cream with the cake, and stuff like that.   It definitely all worked out, and if they are a reputable business with good reviews they aren't going to just screw you.  Try not to stress!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Yeah, I will go over it tonight to calm my nerves a little. I'm just scared because this whole time I've been paying everything out of my own pocket, but tomorrow I'm messing with my parents AND FI's money, and that freaks me out. I don't want it to turn out to be a situation where they feel they need to give me more money. They've given more than enough! And, I also don't want to dip into my savings. I am probably freaking out over nothing. It is a set 100 included in the contract, and we have 95 guests, so that part hasn't changed. I think it's the whole "taxes" thing that bugs me. I wanted an exact price, and I was never given that. I've been guessing the whole time :/

• Options
    calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    Hey, at least you didn't ignore taxes and gratuity (is that included?)!  I know at restaurants that always drives me nuts in groups - people pay cash for what they think is their share, and it always ends up the last person has to pay 20% on top of whatever they would pay for themselves (including tip) because no one ever remembers to include tax and tip!

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the tax thing it what pushed me over the edge.  I could not believe the taxes for this and that.  It didn't help that we got married a resort in a tourist place. 
  • Options
    melbelle24melbelle24 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been in that situation, but I'm sure that it's going to be just fine. Deep breaths, you'll be ok!

Oh, and I love love love the Saved by the Bell picture in there!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok, so I just got the balance... it was over due to the taxes by about $200 cause of the tax, but I can handle that. Yes, gratuity was added into the package. Luckily, for my sanity, she broke it all down for me. Sigh of relief! PHEWWWW!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    CAB- glad to know you got an answer.  I know that not knowing is a pain in the butt.  Now enjoy your weekend!!!
  • Options
    AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

This is just going out to the general population, in case someone didn't know.

But, on your final check payment put "Paid in Full"  or "Final Payment" in the memo line because if they cash the check they legally can't ask for anymore money because they endorced the check and agreed to the "terms". They can also return the check and ask for more money, but the moment they cash the check that says "Paid in full/Final Payment" it is done.

That is just what I learned in my legal accounting class... if that isn't correct someone feel free to correct me!

Photobucket
  • Options
    IrishcurlsIrishcurls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_kinda-freakin-out-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:f4c9985c-49ef-4aa8-a2b6-37dc8447f13fPost:0308ddeb-4248-4c5a-a684-32c0cd661ae4">Re: Kinda freakin out guys...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, so I just got the balance... it was over due to the taxes by about $200 cause of the tax, but I can handle that. Yes, gratuity was added into the package. Luckily, for my sanity, she broke it all down for me. Sigh of relief! PHEWWWW!
    Posted by CAB1217[/QUOTE]
    So glad, paying for the wedding was by far the worst part! :) Now you can just enjoy!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_kinda-freakin-out-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:f4c9985c-49ef-4aa8-a2b6-37dc8447f13fPost:d1227580-81b7-4cdb-b5a9-73fc45d2b36e">Re: Kinda freakin out guys...</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is just going out to the general population, in case someone didn't know.   But, on your final check payment put "Paid in Full"  or "Final Payment" in the memo line because if they cash the check they legally can't ask for anymore money because they endorced the check and agreed to the "terms". They can also return the check and ask for more money, but the moment they cash the check that says "Paid in full/Final Payment" it is done. That is just what I learned in my legal accounting class... if that isn't correct someone feel free to correct me!
    Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that pointer, Amanda! I will for sure do that tomorrow! It will clam my already shaken nerves! LOL

Thanks everyone! Man, dropping over 6k can do a number on ya :/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a little late, but I'm glad everything worked out!  Exciting but scary all at the same time! Glad it wasn't too crazy over :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hahah Stressing OUT woman!!
    SO what.. If they give you a random number you say "uhhh. No. That's not what we discussed."
    I had that fear too, with the caterer, and it turned out less than expected :)
    Go grab a cocktail girl ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh trust me, I need a cocktail bad! Me + 1000s of dollars = nervous wreck! I can't wait to have this all over with, seriously.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    CAB, after it is all over with you'll have wedding withdrawal!! Don't wish it away too much! I totally wish that I could have been more hands on with my wedding, but we were both AD, I was a shift supervisor, it was just easier to let our coordinator handle things.  Alas, Hindsight is always 20/20 right?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know, I really really REALLY wish I enjoyed planning this wedding, but I just don't. Sad, isn't it! :/ I'm just really looking forward to being married! That's what excites me more than anything! :):):):)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Me tooo!!! I mean, like REALLY married..  I feel like I'm faking it something.  I mean, I KNOW I'm married, but we've never lived together, we don't have a home thats our own.. ya know? It doesn't feel real yet.  We did things backwards I think.Wink Most people live together and THEN get married.  Oops!!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Yeah, I couldn't even imagine! I'm afraid we're not gonna feel married because of the fact that we will be living with his momma :/ But what can you do... for better or for worse.

• Options
    shayNnikshayNnik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_kinda-freakin-out-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:f4c9985c-49ef-4aa8-a2b6-37dc8447f13fPost:db4a71bb-cf75-468a-a5ab-6bf026130963">Re: Kinda freakin out guys...</a>:
    [QUOTE]here cabby :) <a href="http://www.bakedperfection.com/2011/04/funfetti-sandwich-cookies.html" rel='nofollow'>http://www.bakedperfection.com/2011/04/funfetti-sandwich-cookies.html</a>
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

I am SO going to buy the stuff for these first thing Monday morning...it's been a while and I think I'm having funfetti withdrawals. This + the aforementioned cocktail= the night we should all be having right now.

Hope your nerves are better, CAB!
    imageimage
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    MUST HAVES: Clothes, Groom
    WISHES: Wedding planner(check!), Honeymoon, Blue Petyl Bouquet
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards