May 2013 Weddings

Photobooth and Candy Buffet ?

Are you ladies doing a photobooth or candy buffet ? 

Re: Photobooth and Candy Buffet ?

• No photobooth although I think it's a cool idea. We took the candy buffet out of our budget. I'm hoping to add it back in later.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our photographer is setting up some sort of photobooth. I'm not quite sure what he has up his sleeve yet, but I trust him, so we're excited! No candy buffet though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are having a photobooth and decided to not do the candy buffet because of the scale of our guest list but my showers are split into 2 so my mom offered to have one for me at the shower :)
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge
    Cake
    my read shelf:
    Becky's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are having a photobooth, but it's a set-up that one of our groomsmen has come up with and isn't the traditional booth.  It works pretty well though, he's done it at the last 2 weddings I've been to and it's been a hit.  Best of all, we're only paying for paper and ink.

We can't have any unpackaged candy at our reception, so I don't think we're doing the candy buffet.  We are probably going to get custom can koozies made and use those as our favors.
  • I am doing a candy buffet. Wish I could do the photoboth but not in the budget. I bought my candy jars from another knottie off the classified board and saved money by doing this !
  • both! I'm really excited about the photobooth.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Setting up my own camera and remote with a backdrop for a photo booth. It wont print instatly, but I don't care :) NO candy buffet, they are really cute tho! 
    May 2013 Brides February Siggy photo invitessiggy_zpscfc27989.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • I would love to do a photobooth at the wedding, but I just don't have a budget for it. I am creating one at home which is where we are hosting the Rehearsal Dinner. I am going to create a simple backdrop and props. We are getting this camera which is fairly foolproof. 

As for the candy buffet. Yes, I am (hopefully) doing this for my wedding. I'll probably get my glass at yardsales and HomeGoods. 
    May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge January- Let Them Eat Cake!
    My cake is a 2-tier ivory cake with silver dotted scallops, ribbon and pearl brooch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • we've hired a photobooth (The Traveling Photobooth) for our reception and we aren't doing a candy buffet. We ARE doing a popcorn bar, though, that I've planned on my own. We have everything for it except the popcorn itself. It's been super easy and cheap too! The purpose behind this is b/c our ceremony and reception are at the same place, and we are doing pics between the two. Since we don't want people bored and hungry, we will have a video playing that tells our "how we met" story, and have the popcorn bar open.

Jackie (Photographer by trade) & Patrick (Military Police Officer)
    May 18, 2013
    "I Love My Wounded Warrior"
    May 2013 Brides November Sig: The venue
  • We're having a photobooth but no candy buffet. We are doing a sundae bar though!

• I got a great deal : I'm booking the DJ, videographer, and photobooth with the same company. We are only paying 250 for the PB the guy just started his business. I have been buying jars at Ross and Michael and my coordinator will get the candy at a warehouse with her discount :
  • No to both.  We are having 240 guests invited and I think it's too much.  My Mom offered to do it but I did suggest she can have it at the Bridal Shower.  I personally don't want a candy buffet. 

It's getting close ladies!! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_photobooth-and-candy-buffet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:1545675d-ad8e-47b0-991d-b6528c3a4975Post:d0a7bb5b-cd49-4fed-89d4-384896bca72f">Re: Photobooth and Candy Buffet ?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Setting up my own camera and remote with a backdrop for a photo booth. It wont print instatly, but I don't care :) NO candy buffet, they are really cute tho! 
    Posted by turtleslove[/QUOTE]

We aren't getting ours instantly either (most likely), so we decided we will put a copy in the thank you cards for those who participate in the photobooth... if you didn't think of that idea already :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_photobooth-and-candy-buffet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:1545675d-ad8e-47b0-991d-b6528c3a4975Post:c8a6a8ba-06ed-44d2-8fc4-3a8614ceee08">Re: Photobooth and Candy Buffet ?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're having a photobooth but no candy buffet. We are doing a sundae bar though!
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]
    We are also having a sundae and fondue bar as our late night snack<div>I really wanted a photobooth and we're going to use it as our guestbook</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Neither one.  We just decided we'd rather spend the money on other things like the upgraded bar and stationed menu.

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Probably will do both, as entertainment since we're not doing dancing more a dinner party style instead and FI hates weddings and dancing to begin with so no dj is a compromise. We are def doing a sundae bar as well tho. : any other ideas for fun without dancing?
  • I would loooove to but totally not in the budget for either le sigh ...
  • No photobooth here... but we are doing a sweets buffet super excited about that.
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge:The Cake!!!
    cake4
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are having a candy buffet, buts thats just because FI mom and niece wanted one. So they are in charge of it : ) We were going to do a photo booth but I took it out of the budget because things were starting to add up and I just couldnt see myself spending that kind of money when we still had other things to pay for. Maybe we will put it back in if we win the lottery Laughing

• We are having a photo booth. This was one of things that I really really wanted. I got a good deal through the company my cousin went with. I'm excited to have it! We're also using it for our guest book. Should be super cute!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are doing both.  Our photobooth is a company that I got a large discount for since my mom knows one of the owners.  As for the buffet, we are doing a cookie/candy buffet combo.  A friend of mine is setting this up for us so she can take pics and use for her portfolio (she is starting a buffet business) so I am just paying for the candy and she is doing the rest  I have got really lucky with both of these!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards