Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Airbrush tan

My bridal portraits are scheduled for Saturday and I'm going in for an airbrush tan on Friday afternoon.  The tan is applied by a pro, not the booth/machine style.  I've never had an airbrush tan and am scared that the color will come off on my dress the next day.  Is this a possibility?  Can anyone tell me their experiences with airbrush tanning? 

TIA!

Re: Airbrush tan

• Options
    It is a possibility.  Since you're using a professional, I would suggest that you have them focus on the exposed areas and do not get an all-over tan--i.e., your stomach, chest, etc., even your legs which won't be showing anyway if your dress is long. 
  • Options
    Gotta warn you, I am very faired skin and I had an airbrush done a few years back. While it came out great, I did have some issues with the sweating being 'tinted' with dye. If I had my time back, I probably would have used a clinical strength deodorant the night before to mitigate the sweating. Particularly if you're going to be under hot studio lights. 
  • Options
    My makeup artist warned me about airbrushing.  She said she saw a lot of cases where it smudged onto a bride's dress.  It scared me into "fake and baking" a few times.  I know it's not healthy, but it was the one and only time I will do that.
  • Options
    I would at least do it an extra day ahead of your photos.  You said you are doing it on fri for sat pictures?  Do it on thur.  The tan lasts for about 5 days, and I've read a few different articles that suggest doing it two days before any event.  And I've never had a hand airbrush, I've had the booth, but I think the care part works generally the same. right after you do the tan some color may rub off on your clothes, and you aren't supposed to shower for like 8-12 hours after the tan.  Once you've showered though, you've essentially died your skin.  I don't see how it would rub off. I would be much more worried about that happening with less than 24 hours between the spray tan and the photos.  I would def move the tan appt back one day. 
  • Options
    I just got a spray tan today by the pros. Not the machine like you mentioned....at first I thought it looked great, and no smudging yet..but it is def getting darker..and a little orange as the day goes on...We will see tomorrow after I shower how it looks.  The lady that did mine did mention that it might rub off on your clothes or sheets the first night until you take the intial first shower...so im sure if you have time to shower your dress will be just fine.  but I agree with the post above..if you could move it to two days before your pictures..it wont be tooo dark and your will have plenty of time in case its a little orange

Good Luck!
    image 341 Invited so far!
    image 229 Are bringing their dancing shoes!
    image 112 Will be missing out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards