Michigan-Lansing

MSU chapel

We are booked for the MSU chapel next October...going in, we knew about the 3 hour time blocks, but now I'm starting to worry about the time constraint. Has anyone else had their ceremony there? Were there any problems with the time? My photographer said she works there a lot, so she knows the set-up really well, and she said for pictures at the reception site she will need at least 2 hours. This is what has me worried! I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance. I can't imagine the ceremony itself would take more then 15-20 minutes. I also think we will do a "first look" so we can get a lot of pictures out of the way beforehand. We have not set the time for the reception to start yet, but I wonder what will happen if we have a lot of people show up early, and we're talking pictures? I know I probably shouldn't stress about this, since we are booked and it's more then a year away, but I can't help it. :) Thanks for any help Laughing

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: MSU chapel

• emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was worried about this as well honestly but everyone I spoke to said they didn't have an issue.  As long as you don't plan on any elaborate decorations in the chapel, you should be fine for set up.

You could also do your first look somewhere else on campus so you don't have to worry about your guests seeing you taking pictures.  Leave the chapel photos for afterward and get them done quickly.

Congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    My sister got married there in September 2007.   She had a catholic cermanoy and we had plenty of time there.   We had enough time to get ready, have the ceramony, and take our pictures before the next couple arrived.   If I recall right, we never saw the next people.   My only complient is that the ceramony was at 11 a.m.    It is a beautiful chapel.  Congratulations!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards