Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Need help with Father-Daughter Dance

I'm looking for a father-daughter dance that is from the perspective of the duaghter. I am close with my father, so something that reflects that. HELP!

Re: Need help with Father-Daughter Dance

• Options
    edited December 2011
    "Because You Loved Me" Celine Dion"You Raise Me Up"  Josh Groban"Whenever You Remember"  Carrie Underwood "I Will Be There For You"  Jessica Andrews"In My Life"  bette Midler
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    sweetpea866sweetpea866 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "In My Life" sounds much better in its original, by the Beatles... but that's just my opinion.  Do it as an acoustic- it's lovely.  My dad sang it for his new wife at their wedding and it was beautiful.Really wouldn't suggest it as a father-daughter dance, but again, just my opinion and probably stems from the fact that I relate it to my dad's wedding and can only see it being sung to one's significant other:"But of all these friends and lovers There is no one compares with you And these memories lose their meaning When I think of love as something new"I do like the Carrie Underwood song though and think that's a great suggestion :D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So I have a dilemma....I have a step-father and my father. I am going to do two seperate songs for each one of them however, I have not found a song to dance to with my step-father. We were never that close and he is not a mushy gushy type of step-father he was always the type of step-father who held his emotions inside so for us to dance to an emotional mushy gushy song would not feel comfortable to me. He loves 80's music and rock music I enjoy that also, however I cannot find a song to slow dance to. HELP PLEASE!!!!:) By The Way my dad and I are dancing to the song Father Daughter by Paul Simon:) It is a fun song! my opinion!!!;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards