June 2012 Weddings
Options

HM Time off

What are you ladies doing about the time you are taking off and the money you won't make?

Surely there is someone out there who doesn't get a paid vacation like me.
Are you just saving up the money now, or are you going to live on a credit card for the month.
What are your plans?

First Look
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: HM Time off

• Options
    I get paid time off.... my for my maternity leave, I will be saving money up between now and then, since that is not paid.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have PTO for our HM/extra days I'm taking, but FI doesn't have anything.
       We've been just saving up as much as we can and FI has been working crazy hours. We have enough in savings that FI being off 1 week isn't going to kill us. It also helps that we just refinanced and now we don't have a June mortgage payment so that's extra money we can save for next month.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    June 2012 May Siggy Challenge: The invitations
    image 126 Are ready to party!
  • Options
    I get vacation days... but I would not have had enough days had I not "bought" extra vacation days. Essentially they take a little bit out of my paycheck each month to pay for those days. I would have done that if I had to take unpaid leaved (just stash a little each paycheck)
  • Options
    daria24daria24 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    I'm a freelancer so I'm actually ending a job on June 1st, I won't be working again until at least around July 5th. Fi isn't working at the moment either (by choice). Because I freelance, I'm careful with money, I save us as much as possible while working. It's a little frightening not knowing exactly when I will be back to work, but thankfully I've never gone more than a month.
  • Options
    I don't get payed time off. :( Just saving up money. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm getting paid time off but FI does not. He has been working overtime to save up but we are really hoping his boss will give him a weeks paid vacation for a wedding present! Its a small company and he's worked there for 10 years with no paid time off!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_hm-time-off?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:4988b8ae-2b4a-40bf-924b-dce8d7f0e059Post:3d29a09e-b1d7-4242-804e-795076503bec">Re: HM Time off</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a freelancer so I'm actually ending a job on June 1st, I won't be working again until at least around July 5th. Fi isn't working at the moment either (by choice). Because I freelance, I'm careful with money, I save us as much as possible while working. It's a little frightening not knowing exactly when I will be back to work, but thankfully I've never gone more than a month.
    Posted by daria24[/QUOTE]

<div>SO jealous!!!</div>
  • Options

I'm with some of the pp.  For the 18 days I'm off, I'll get paid..  but when I get back I'll be working like there's no tomorrow..

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I just graduated so I am looking for a job. In the meantime we have to put some of our bills on a credit card to get us through the next few weeks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I get PTO but FI does not and he does not have the option to get paid OT.  We have been setting a little extra aside from each paycheck to help us through it.
  • Options
    I get time off for the wedding/HM (I am taking 11 work days), but we are going to Australia in Jan and I only get 3 wks per year so I will have to take unpaid leave then.....we are saving up for it.

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm a teacher and today is the last day (teacher work day) until August.  I just found out today that I won't be teaching summer school for three weeks like I thought I would.  This is the first summer I've not worked since I was graduated high school.  FI, however, owns his own car repair business so no paid vacations for him.  He's working as much as he can now so he can take a week off for the honeymoon.
  • Options
    We've had the money in our savings for the honeymoon for over a year. FI still gets his pay and I'm on commission so neither of us will take a pay cut
  • Options
    kks4471kks4471 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    I don't have enough PTO built up to cover my entire HM, but we'll be ok with my 3 days of unpaid time off.  I'm kinda irritated that I can't borrow time, like I could at my previous job.  Oh well, we'll be fine.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    FI and I both have paid time off, thankfully, we are taking 3 weeks each. We also needed time for two other DW this year, we are very fortunate with our paid holiday time at work..
    image 220 Are ready to party!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I don't get paid time off either.

As I'll be gone from the job almost 2 weeks, I'll just use some of my wedding savings from my savings account (50% acceptance rate for the wedding) to pay any bills I can't cover from that missing check.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards