Canada-Ontario
Options

Forest Setting for Ceremony in Durham Region

Hi everyone!

Just got engaged December 22nd, and I'm so happy!  I'm overwhelmed....I have no idea where to start.  We know we don't want a long engagement...that being said we're thinking between August and November 2012....

I'm wondering if anyone knows a nice location in the Oshawa/Whitby/Ajax or Pickering area where we can hold our ceremony in the forest? We both love hiking, and I feel so peaceful in the forest :) 

Also, any ideas in this area where we can hold a nice affordable reception would be soooo appreciated.  I haven't been to many weddings and I'm seriously anxious to find somewhere as I know places book quickly!

Thanks everyone!  I really appreciate any help!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Forest Setting for Ceremony in Durham Region

• Options
    The New SarahThe New Sarah member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Firstly congratulations, I was in your shoes exactly this time last year, but I had a long engagement (engaged Dec 21st, 2010, wedding August 18, 2012).

I am holding my ceremony at Lakeview Park in Oshawa, it isn't quite forest, but there are alot of trees around and beautiful water. My reception will be at Jubilee Pavilion (same location) and the staff there are great.

As for forest options, a lot of golf courses have great forest like settings, like the Royal Ashburn. If I think of anything else I will let you know.
  • Options
    Thanks!  It's so exciting, but I have some anxiety about getting a venue and a ceremony location, knowing we don't want a long engagement. I have the same problem when concert tickets go on sale and I want to make sure I get them before they are sold out.....

I looked at the jubilee pavilion, but it looks incredibly HUGE!  We'll be having a small wedding, maximum 60 peple.

My fiance and I go hiking all the time at the Durham Regional Forest near Uxbridge and we absolutely LOVE it up there...nothing like that amazing smell of the forest, the singing birds and sound of blowing leaves, along with the sun gently shining through.  It's just SO us....I have a friend who knew someone who went to a wedding at a conservation in Whitby...and she said it was beautiful!  I'll see her tomorrow to see if she remembers where it was.

I just don't know the logistics behind it...would I have to rent chairs?  Ummm...what if it rains?  LOL, nothing I can do but I'd beed a plan B for sure....and I have no idea how to find a forest where you don't have to hike miles before you find a nice clearing to hold a wedding.  I'm so lost!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    congrats!..i don't know how much people ur having but my wedding is in ajax at the kinsmens heritage center...they have an outdoor area for a ceremony..which is beautiful..they hold 110 people..my wedding is booked there june 17th 2012..good luck!
    Mashavoo
  • Options
    I know its not Durham but you should look at the Kortright Centre in York region.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards