Missouri-Kansas City

Help!!

I am in the very begining of planning and I am having a terrible time finding the things that I like that will fit into my budget. As of now our budget is $10,000. We have our date saved at our church and I am looking for a reception space. We will have at this time 100 guests and we would prefer something other than your standard banquet hall. We have discussed possibly something more rural than city because that is a big part of our family, but the two of us both love the city also. So there you have it I'm at loss at this point. Any input you have would be great! Thanks everyone!!!

Re: Help!!

• Here are some suggestions I gave a previous poster:
    Cellar 222 in KCMO cellar222.com
    -very cool looking inside.
    - holds ~150 people
    -1500 rental fee and includes cocktail tables, sound system, and something else I can't remember.
    -has prefered vendor/caterer list, but I believe you may be able to use your own as well.
    Drexel Hall in KCMO drexelhall.com
    -neat looking outside and inside. I believe it was built around 1900.
    -2300 rental fee, includes 100 chairs and 10 tables. Addt'l available for fee.
    -has preferred vendors
    -Can hold over 200 guests I think
    Belvoir Winery in Liberty belvoirwinery.com
    -beautiful grounds, can make it fancy or dress it down, awesome brick building
    -3000 rental fee, includes tables, chairs, and linens
    -no vendor/catering restrictions
    -can hold a lot of people

You can also look into Peeper Ranch, Weston Red Barn Farm, Mahaffie Farmstead, Matt Ross Community Center, or Lake Forest Clubhouse.

• This place is in Leawood, is BEAUTIFUL and not that expensive.

http://www.leawood.org/parks/ironwoodslodge.aspx

The exposed wood beams are my favorite!
  • caterpilla-I went to a wedding there in college and could never remember the name!!  Thanks!  It was a nice venue!
  • Peeper Ranch is rural and beautiful and only $1000.  However, they did tell us when we signed our contract last month that we were getting in just before a price increase.
  • We are getting married at the James P David Hall on Wyandotte County lake. It has to be reserved a year in advance but it is only 725 to rent all day with 20 tables and 150 chairs. 425 if you live in Wyandotte county the hall is really beautiful and unique and looks out over the lake. It's an amazing place for the price!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards