May 2012 Weddings
Options

checks and a question about sparklers!

So today was quite a productive wedding day!
I had my first dress alterations appointment today, and not too much needs to be done.  I had one layer of crinoline removed and the top part is a little big and needs to be taken in.  At the next appointment, they'll put my bustle on and hem it.  (BTW, I was SHOCKED by the price of alterations!  I guess it is my fault for not checking it out first.  But, this place came so highly recommended to me, I guess I wasn't worried about the cost at the time.  But when she told me my total, my jaw almost hit the floor.  Like I said, it wasn't a ton of work that needs to be done. I tried to stay classy as I handed her my credit card, but the inside of me was saying WTF?!?!)  Anyway, that is over and I'm paying what they asked, I don't want any blunders on the dress and my friend swears by this place.  :)

Then, I had my hair trial appointment.  I LOVED my stylist and my hair.  I also got three inches cut off and highlights.  I'm so, so happy that I liked it.  It'll be half up/half down with the bottom curly.

And, I'm only a few envelopes from being finished addressing the invitations!   I decided to handwrite them because I'm horrible with computers and I have nice handwriting. I bought a fancy pen, and started last weekend.   It has surprisingly been fun, a good stress reliever after work.  They look really good, I think. :)

FINALLY, my sparklers for our send off came in!  Yay!  I used VP to make a card that says "Let Love Shine" and I'm attaching one to each sparkler. Here's my question for those of you doing them, how are you displaying them?  (They are three feet long- no joke). I'm thinking about a large basket or bucket. Or several vases.  Any ideas? (I have 150).

Thanks.  Hope you are all having a great weekend!

Re: checks and a question about sparklers!

• Options
     I think solid vases (not see through), maybe with a ribbon in one of your colours tied around it would look stunning!

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Options
    I'm putting miy sparklers in a mason jar. I'm using mason jars for centerpieces, so it works for me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would play off what you are using for your centerpieces! If you are using tall glass vases, display your sparklers in tall glass vases. If you're more rustic, some sort of painted vintage bucket would be cool. Cruise around etsy and look for inspiration!
  • Options
    Congrats on all of the checks!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Where did you order the sparklers from?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_checks-and-a-question-about-sparklers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:bc588d85-2fa4-4472-ab5d-56871eaa2f02Post:0c2b0c40-c8af-4ce6-a3ea-073b56dcf6b1">Re: checks and a question about sparklers!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where did you order the sparklers from?
    Posted by nicole1087[/QUOTE]

<a href="http://sayanythingdesign.com/" rel="nofollow">http://sayanythingdesign.com/</a>

I bought the 36" ones, but I think the 20" ones would work too.  They arrived <em>really</em> fast, and they were really easy to work with. 
  • Options
    Congrats on the checks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards