Hawaii
Options

Packing Advice

Hi Ladies, it feels like it's been a zillion years since I've posted on here but I've been busy with work and such. The wedding is just under 2 months away and while it is clearly too early to pack is there anything you wish you woulda brought or stuff you shoulda left at home? Thanks :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Packing Advice

• Options
    TashaK24TashaK24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooh, good question!  I'm leaving in 2.5 weeks so I'm definitely interested in answers too!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well... this doesn't really answer your question (there was nothing in my suitcase that I regretted this past trip - previous trips, too many t shirts, not enough tank tops), but be sure to roll your clothes instead of folding them. It saves a ton of space.
  • Options
    breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Sarah's Bio, she has a packing list... as she is the queen of all lists ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad I packed:
    - At least 2 swimsuits.  They don't dry as quickly as you'd think.
    - Lightweight shoulder coverage.  Unless you like looking like fruit leather, your shoulders *do* get tired of the sun. 
    - Bandeau bikini and strapless dress -- if you want sun the week of your wedding, do yourself a favor and do not collect tan lines :)
    - Flip flops: enough said
    - Really comfy flip flops / flats - your feet will thank you the morning after the wedding
    - One sweatshirt / fleece - it can get cool, and Haleakala is freezing without sun
    - A binder with a printed copy of every signed wedding vendor contract / invoice

Never used:
    - Heels other than for wedding events.  Really, WTF was I thinking?

I think that's it for now... :)  Also, it is NEVER too early to pack.  Take a giant box.  Toss EVERYTHING you want to bring in it as you think of it.  The night before you leave, you will be thankful you did.  Otherwise, the personalized hanger or iphone charger may just get forgotten.  I mean toss everything in it. The rings, your shoes, his belt, the whole 9 yards.
  • Options
    McBeagsMcBeags member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A couple of things I was really glad I took with me. 

• A couple of bags. I had a canvas OOT bag and little larger bag for the pool. They didn't take up much space when rolled up. Used them all the time. Especially day of wedding. packed a water, makeup, tissues, ect. and was really glad I had for photo shoot. 
    • portable speakers for iPod love having some music by pool and beach and play for several hours while getting ready. 
    • a hat. I took two plus a visor for golf. was in it every day. I wanted sun but didn't want bright red nose. not to mention easy fix for hair.
    • simple clothes you will not dress up much I found myself in a swimsuit and sundress almost everyday
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards