Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

facials??

I just read the facial section from the check-list link.
I have never had one, but I have heard they can make your face red, or may not do anything at all...

any advice or comments about facials?
and how often do people usually get them?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: facials??

• Hi. I usually get a few facials a year.

If you've never had one, and you're happy with your skin, you may not want to start now.

They can bring some temporary redness to your face or even a few blemishes 1-2 days after your facial, since dirt and oils are coming to the surface after being steamed, your skin exfoliated, etc. For me, it's a nice experience, maybe a couple of moments of discomfort if there is extraction involved.

If you are going to have one, have your last one be no more than 3 weeks short of your wedding. Some people will recommend 1 week, but since you don't typically have them I would allow for more time.

If you do go for the facial, get a recommendation from a girlfriend and your local board. DO NOT GO TO A LOCAL BEAUTY SCHOOL or your average nail salon who may offer facials. This is your face. Take care of it.

Be sure (and they should ask!) what you normally use on your face, what type of skin you have, and if you have any allergies or sensitivities.

When I go, it's about 50 minutes, it's calming, and you get to lay down for that amount of time. Plus a lot of places do an exfoliation on your hands and then put lotion on and warm mitts over your hands during the facial. So you leave with your face clean and glowing and your hands in good shape for all the people who keep looking at your ring.

Good luck!
  • I get facials about 2 times a year. And go to get extractions on every 3 weeks and detox etc every 2-3 months. If you have some time before you wedding-sure have one done. Make sure to go to a good place and talk to the person about any concerns. DO NOT have a facial done a few days or even a wk before your wedding.

You want your face to be fresh not red.
  • I usually get facials twice a year.  I would get them more frequently if I could afford it.  I love them. 
  • I am actually scheduled to get my first facial this coming tuesday--I'm really excited since I never had one. Most of th wedding magazines I have read say don't do anything drastic to your beauty routine starting the month before your wedding.
    So if you want to get a facial get it at the latest like 5 weeks before your wedding, so your skin has time to recover.

My mom got me a spa card.  She got mine from Spasforcause.com. A representative at a bridal show we went to was selling them, so she thought it was good for me to have that done before the wedding.  Spas that want to get new business typically will do a packaged deal to get you to come in that you can buy for around $50 to $60, they include 3 to 4 treatments and they are a good way to get yourself pampered on a budget.

I think Murad Spas also from time to time offer promotionals.  Like PP said beauty schools are not the place to get a facial--you pay a lower cost to be someone's guinea pig.  I have used a beauty school however to get a basic manicure, when I was feeling lazy and didn't feel like doing it myself.

• Okay thanks! I'll start looking into it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards