Favors
Options

Martini-themed favors? Ideas?

We have a martini theme going for our wedding... nothing overkill, but we're using Kettle One bottles as the primary part of our centerpieces and we're having martini glasses as part of our reception decorations (reg size martini glasses with floating candles for cocktail hr tables; giant martini glasses filled with flowers for seating card table, welcome table, etc)...

I was hoping to utilize that theme for the favors as well, but that's where I'm getting a little stuck. I know we aren't required to have favors, but it's something I would like to do...
I've thought about personalized shot glasses (maybe filled with M&Ms or something to add something fun to it), but fear that people will leave them behind (my family won't - everyone I know has a massive collection of shot glasses, but others likely will)... I've also thought about martini glass-shaped cookies... but we're having SO many desserts in addition to the wedding cake that I'm afraid it will be overkill on the sweets...

Any ideas? I'm at a loss...
Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

May 2013 - January - Cake Inspiration!

Re: Martini-themed favors? Ideas?

• Options
    Even though you're having tons of desserts, I'd still rather have a cookie to take home versus a shot glass with your names and wedding date on it.

Some specialty chocolate shops will do vodka infused truffles. Probably would be expensive, but if you have a candy shop in your area you could ask.
  • Options
    What about little packages of drink mixes? 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I like the martini-shaped and decorated sugar cookie idea.  Package them in clear plastic and your guests can take them home to enjoy the next day.

Or you could do plastic martini glasses filled with M&M's (or other candy) in your wedding colors.  Either tie the candy up in tulle before putting it into the glasses, or cover the top of the glasses with tulle and tie it together around the stem.
  • Options
    Thank for the ideas! I appreciate it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

May 2013 - January - Cake Inspiration!
  • Options
    Or even better, if you're into cocktails (and if your guests are too), an anti-hangover product is always an appreciated idea! I had them at my wedding in November (put them in the hotel bags and also on the bar in the reception) - and people LOVED it! There's a product called PurpleRainEnergy, it's an all-natural drink mix that you take before you start drinking and it helps your body prevent a hangover. Plus if you email them and say it's your wedding, they will give you a bulk discount. www.PurpleRainEnergy.com. Good luck with the rest of your planning! - Amanda
  • Options
    ViczaesarViczaesar member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2013
    No advertizing allowed, Amanda.  You're not fooling anyone.

• Options
    We are giving out cranberry infused vodka as favors for our reception. We are making it ourselves and packaging it in tiny bottles. Something like that would work well with your theme also.
  • Options
    I like the idea of drink mixes to add to your theme. The only problem is for the non-drinkers. Maybe you could somehow incorporate tea infusers? Not sure - but it also depends on the age of your guests. If you have kids that will be at your reception, I would be worried about the drink mixes, and definately go with the cookies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards