New York-Upstate

Ahhhh we're Locked out of Churches for a Sunday Wedding! Help!

Hi Everyone!

I'm looking for a church for our Sunday wedding.  We have a priest (family friend) but the chruches we have been looking at will not let us get married on a Sunday!  I'm looking in the Troy and Saratoga area... I'm affiliated with the RPI Cultural center but it's not exactly a bride's dream to get married there (if you have ever seen it it's made out of cinder blocks).  Does anyone know of a church that will allow us to do a Sunday wedding other than St. Peter's in Saratoga?  We have been in there but the set up is wierd and I would have to hang a right going down the aisle.... I know I'm being picky but I just want to walk STRAIGHT down an isle. Anyway any suggestions are gladly appreciated!

I also don't want to get married at our reception site.  I like the idea of church then reception... not all in one shot.

Thanks!

Re: Ahhhh we're Locked out of Churches for a Sunday Wedding! Help!

• garcias1garcias1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    From what I understand, most Catholic churches won't do weddings on Sundays (since that's their busy day).  I am getting married (on a Saturday) at a church in the diocese of Ogdensburg, and I think that all churches in that diocese might have that rule, but I'm not 100% positive.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Puppy Love
  • edited December 2011

We seem to be having a church problem too! I went to church as a child, my husband didnt. The church doesnt see us as being married (seeing how we did JOP) and he didnt attend church.. Im having so many problems with finding a church that will renew our vows! I want the church wedding!

I hope you find a church to marry you guys!!

October 2011 Siggy Challenge: Fave thing about Spring/Baseball Team red sox nation Pictures, Images and Photos Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    Kristin, are you trying to do this in a Catholic church?  If you're already married, they won't give you another wedding, but they might do a convalidation.  I would look into that instead.  Good luck.
    Puppy Love
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-upstate_ahhhh-were-locked-out-of-churches-sunday-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:124Discussion:25c104da-7f79-4002-a1a3-47c866c0fc74Post:c76056f2-f043-492f-b968-818bf1a4ed6c">Re: Ahhhh we're Locked out of Churches for a Sunday Wedding! Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kristin, are you trying to do this in a Catholic church?  If you're already married, they won't give you another wedding, but they might do a convalidation.  I would look into that instead.  Good luck.
    Posted by garcias1[/QUOTE]

I wonder if they would if they would do a convalidation hmm ! Thank you for the tip
    October 2011 Siggy Challenge: Fave thing about Spring/Baseball Team red sox nation Pictures, Images and Photos Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks guys!  We actually found a church!  A churchy church that will allow a sunday wedding!  St. Augustine's in Troy, NY.  It's really pretty and perfect!

Good luck with the rest of planning!
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad it worked out, bebs!
    Puppy Love
  • edited December 2011
    You might try Bush Memorial at Russell Sage College in Troy.  I've officiated many ceremonies there (it's a former chapel, but it will hold a large number of people).  Lovely.  http://www.trinitycottage.com
  • alisondealalisondeal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My girlfriend got married at Saint A's in Troy this past July - it was beatuiful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards