Ohio-Columbus
Options

64 days left and I still need hair/make up, rental equipment,rings...

Thank you all for your help in finding a venue to hold our wedding at.  We are VERY happy to have that part over with!  I just finished doing all of the invitations, found a place to get our cake from and am able to purchase flowers wholesale so will be doing all of that myself too.
I still need help in finding a hair and make-up place, a good place to purchase rings from, we also have to rent all of the chairs, linens, tent, etc so if anyone knows of a resonable place to rent from too that would be wonderful.

Re: 64 days left and I still need hair/make up, rental equipment,rings...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    forgot to mention that for hair and make up I am on the Gahanna side of town, thanks!
  • Options
    BCsGalBCsGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are renting chairs from Davidson Rental.  They have tents too I believe.  It was the cheapest place I could find to deliver and pick up on the wkd. for white wedding chairs.  Ron is the contact there. Their warehouse is in New Albany I believe, so delivery would be minimal for you. I found some places charged less for the product, but charged more for delivery, setup, tear down, etc. so remember to look at total cost.. Good luck!

614-855-5500
    Davidson Rental
    Christina & Brandon - August 7, 2010 Anniversary
    My Planning Bio | My Married Bio | FOR SALE!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Main Events Party Rental in Newark, OH. I just went to their showroom today they are wonderful.

I'm not sure how much delivery would be from Newark area but all off his prices are really reasonable. Just give them a call.

www.maineventspartyrental.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had a great experience with the Diamond Cellar for my ring. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second the Diamond Cellar for wedding bands. As for hair/makeup, I have heard the Salon on Mill Street in Gahanna is good or there's also the Charles Penzone on Cherry Bottom. I'm using MelissaRoshan for makeup, and she can come to you. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I third the Diamond Cellar and Penzones on Cherry Bottom.  I  like Syndey for hair.  She's great.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Also, Kim Flowers at Diamond Cellar sold both of my brothers their wedding rings for their ladies and is now our family jeweler...  She's really nice.  Salon on Mill also a great option if you don't go with Penzones.  I just won't let anyone touch my hair other than Sydney.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are planning on going with Davidson rental (thank you for your recommendation!!) but they don't do silverware, dishes, glasses and only have tablecloth for linens, no napkins.  Do you normally have to go somewhere different for that? 
    Seems hair and make-up were more than I expected as well.  Salon on the mill is cheaper than penzones but does anyone have a less expensive option?  I am paying for all hair and make-up and when that hits the $600 range for it all, well, I would like to look for ways to bring that down.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Westerville there is the Ohio State School of Cosmetology.  Their prices are great because they are mostly student and some are the teachers.  Their number is 614-252-5252. They have a spa too!  :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There's the Aveda Institute close to OSU campus. Even if the wedding is on the east side, it's not a far drive. I used to go when I lived closer to them and they always did a good job. It's also a school and is inexpensive, and you a head and shoulder massage and mini facial when you get anything done with your hair.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WONDERFUL suggestions!  Never would have thought of them!  I will give them both a call tomorrow!Smile
  • Options
    ILUVJASILUVJAS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are looking for someone to come to you I would call this girl. She did my cousins wedding today and did a great job. She is very cheap compared to other places.

Jodi-614-622-6713
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    shelley ferencz for hair- she is awesome at up do's!!! she is at salon lofts in gahanna but will travel to you too. you may be able to find her fan page on facebook by searchhing shelley ferencz
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards