Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

hotel block help

My wedding/reception is at the Mayernik Center and I am looking for a hotel in the area (within 15 minutes) for room blocking. I am not really sure on where to start with this, so any wedded brides with suggestions would be helpful. Especially prices....what's a reasonable price for a one night stay for a wedding? And also, I wanted to try to find a hotel with a shuttle service. No big deal if I can't, but it's an option I'd like to consider. TIA!

Re: hotel block help

• Options
    carcrashheartcarcrashheart member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    the closest hotels that i can think of would be in cranberry and in moon twp, not sure if they are within 15 minutes, but they should be close to that..maybe within 20 min? there are a few old knotties that had mayernick receptions, so hopefully they pop in to help out.

we had 2 hotels blocked, one at $119/night the other at $90/night. i've seen them range from $75/night (ohio) to $230/night.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There's the Avalon Motel and the Sewickley Country Inn...but both are a little on the shady side.  Cranberry is really not all that far as it's all highway.  I would check with some of the hotels there.  They might even have shuttle service.
  • Options
    ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you asked someone from the Mayernick? I'm sure they would have suggestions!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend was just married at the Mayernick Center and blocked rooms at the Crowne Royal in Moon and they had a shuttle for guests :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    NancyL37NancyL37 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just booked my 2012 wedding at the Mayernik Center and I was wondering the same thing... in the information I received after looking at it, there was a flyer from the Hampton Inn - Pittsburgh Airport that said something about $99 rooms and a free shuttle.   I was planning on asking if that deal is still being offered... I'll let you know if I find out!
  • Options
    amianne420amianne420 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    nancy...i got the same flyer...i am still lookin g for options in the other direction for my guests coming from the other direction. i am also looking for a hotel with a shuttle service. i might just have to suck it up and go with the one in the flyer.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    which caterer are you girls using for the mayernik?  any idea of the price range for Erin's?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards