Nebraska-Omaha

Indoor thoughts?

So we're now thinking of moving up our wedding to March...mainly because of the discounts of having a winter wedding...and i don't want to wait the eleven months until our current date!

So i need ceremony location idea...
I think i know where i want the reception to be but i'm stumped about where to have the actual ceremony...Churches are out because while i was raised Catholic i don't want to have to commit to having my kids in the religion (and my FI) doesn't want a Catholic ceremony anyway..also my FI is from Iowa so he isn't a member of any churches in town anyway.....

So doe anyone have any ideas?

Re: Indoor thoughts?

• edited December 2011
    http://www.theknot.com/Vendors/Nebraska-Wedding-Venues/Profiles/CAR/001

My favorites:
    Fontenelle Nature Association Bellevue
    Regency Lodge Omaha
    Livestock Exchange Building Omaha
    Omaha Henry Doorly Zoo
    Castle Unicorn Glenwood
    Indian Creek Elkhorn
    Holland Performing Arts Center & Orpheum Theater Omaha
    W.H. Thompson Alumni Center Omaha

• edited December 2011

We are getting married at Fontenelle Nature Association and having the reception there too.  (Religious preferences impacted that decision and we liked the idea of a 1 stop shop.) 

We also looked at the Platteview Country Club, Tiberon, The Fountains in Glenwood, IA (BEAUTIFUL, but they didn't have our date) and Tregaron as well...

Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska-omaha_indoor-thoughts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:79Discussion:eb522c26-ad85-41e3-abb2-57f003c996c7Post:583ff35d-bc6b-4c36-8c19-0c9ca0030271">Re: Indoor thoughts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are getting married at Fontenelle Nature Association and having the reception there too.  (Religious preferences impacted that decision and we liked the idea of a 1 stop shop.)  We also looked at the Platteview Country Club, Tiberon, <strong>The Fountains in Glenwood, IA</strong> (BEAUTIFUL, but they didn't have our date) and Tregaron as well... Good luck!
    Posted by burgess2be[/QUOTE]

Based on numerous opinions of this place, I would not recommend going there. I have never heard a good thing about it.

• wishonastar01wishonastar01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska-omaha_indoor-thoughts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:79Discussion:eb522c26-ad85-41e3-abb2-57f003c996c7Post:79ac9da1-4d66-49e8-9f3b-38092a4a1e06">Re: Indoor thoughts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Indoor thoughts? : Based on numerous opinions of this place, I would not recommend going there. I have never heard a good thing about it.
    Posted by dazyabbey[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I would second this. Beautiful place, but my first meeting with them fell flat.  I moved on to another place. =)

</div>
  • edited December 2011
    You could always do First UU.. its a church but they really dont care who uses it or who marries you - you can have a JP do the ceremony if you want.  It's really pretty! Right behind Midtown Crossing. 
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone Visit Omaha.Weddings.com Visit Sports.weddings.com
  • edited December 2011
    I'm in almost the EXACT same situation (except we do go to a protestant church, but we figured my Catholic family would be less of a slap in the face if it wasn't in a church at all). I'm still trying to figure out what to do, but the Joslyn art museum is at the top of my list. I don't know the cost yet (it may be out of our price range), but here's a link to some pictures.

http://www.somethingnewproductions.com/RG/JoslynArtMuseumOmahaNE/index.html 

Also, I heard that the fountain room has an echo, but the ConAgra Atrium is great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards