New Jersey - South
Options

Looking for ceremony location

I have my reception venue booked, but I want to do my ceremony somewhere else. I prefer an outdoor wedding, but of course if it rains I want the venue to have a place indoors for the ceremony. It seems like most venues only offer a ceremony+reception package, so I'm having trouble finding a venue that will allow us to book a ceremony only. My ceremony won't be long, only 15-20 minutes. I wouldn't mind having the ceremony at the reception venue outdoors, but if rains I didn't like the interior for the ceremony (plus they are very strict about decorations).

I live closer to the Philadelphia area, but don't want people to have to travel between PA and NJ, so PA is out. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Re: Looking for ceremony location

• Options
    Did you think about doing it at a golf course? Like Valley brook?  or a winery?
  • Options
    I would look into the local park system.  What county or city is your reception venue?  That can help us narrow down areas and give more localized suggestions.  Your guests should only travel about 30 mins max in between the ceremony and the reception.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    My reception is at the Camden County Boathouse. I wouldn't mind doing it at a park, but if it rains I don't know what to do. :(

The Venice Plaza in Berlin said they could do a ceremony only, but they quoted me at $500 and that is way too steep!
  • Options
    $500 is the going rate at most places....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    $500 is the going rate for ceremonies at reception halls.  I think you may have a hard time finding a place since you just want the ceremony.  Is there a reason you cannot have your ceremony on the grounds of the Boathouse, but move it inside if it happens to rain that day?
  • Options
    When we looked at the boathouse they showed us a room that they use for ceremonies - can you just get married by the river, and use the room at the boathouse as your backup plan?
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So as it turns out I made a phone call and I may be moving the ceremony+reception to the Mansion on Main Street in Voorhees. Going to check it out tomorrow after I go dress shopping. Wish me luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards