Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Dress shopping - Harrisburg/ Mechanicsburg/ New Cumberland area

Hey guys - I'm just looking for some input about where to get my dress in the Harrisburg/Mech/NC area.  I'm still in a very early stages of planning, but where did you have a good experience or a bad experience?  Part of what I'm looking for is something reasonably priced (not over $2,000) and with good consultants who aren't overly push but also attentive.  Thanks for any advice or tips you can give!

Re: Dress shopping - Harrisburg/ Mechanicsburg/ New Cumberland area

• Options
    rumer1017rumer1017 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at Tara's in Camp Hill.  It's not for everyone, the store only carries sample dresses.  It didn't personally bother me but buying a sample dress isn't for everyone.  That being said, I had the best experience there.  Teresa was fabulous and blocked out an entire evening and let me try on as many dresses as I wanted.  They are storing my dress and doing all the alterations.  She also lets me come try my dress on whenever I want.  Good Luck!
  • Options
    psuxray07psuxray07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Alfred Angelo on 22 in Harrisburg (it's back behind Olive Garden).  They were pretty good there.  My dress is the 2nd one I tried on!  And it was only like $600...and a 2010 style.  They have a lot of bridal gown sales and if you get your dress there, anyone in your wedding party get's $$ off their dress too...and mother of the bride.  It's like %15 off all accessories, etc..when you buy there.   There is also a David's Bridal across the street.
    *12.31.10*New Year's Eve!*
    *BFP 1.3.13* IAmPregnant Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I had a wonderful experience at Taylored for You in Mechanicsburg. I didn't find THE dress there, but the service was unmatched! Good luck.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Taylored for you.  Taylor is very pleasant to work with.  I also looked at Tara's and while I couldn't find anything, the consultant there was just wonderful and the store itself has a great atmosphere.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
    my read shelf:
    Lisa T's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Books read in 2011: 32 of 75
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also got my dress at Tara's Bridal in Camp Hill.  I never thought buying a sample dress would be for me but I have to say, after shopping at 2 other places, my mom and I decided to just stop in and check it out.  I set up an appointment the day before and the Theresa was super accommodating.  She helped pull dresses for me.  She pulled out a dress that I said wasn't at all my style but said I would try on just to see what it looked like and it ended up being THE dress!  She's also storing my dress and I can go try it on whenever I want.  You can't beat the prices she offers and her service is impeccable!  I would highly recommend at least checking it out.  You never know where you'll find THE dress!!  =)  Good luck!! !

image 165 Invited
    image 105 Are attending one amazing party!
    image33 Are missing out!
    image 27 Haven't sent back their responses yet
    RSVP Date: October 23
  • Options
    aras8609aras8609 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys!!  I'm hoping to make appointments for all of these places.. Any ones that you recommend to stay away from? or that are really expensive?
  • Options
    HeykristipHeykristip member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you feel like driving just a little bit more, I'd recommend Cocoa Couture in Hershey.  I first talked to them at a bridal show in January and they mentioned a dress that would look perfect on me.  When I went to the shop they definitely know their stuff and are not pushy at all...and it turns out the dress they mentioned at the bridal show was my dress!!!!  I now follow them on facebook and they had a message a week or so ago that this Sunday (25th) all their sample dresses are $250 regardless of the original price.  Good luck!
  • Options
    rumer1017rumer1017 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think Tara's dresses run from $125 - $3000.  I personally didn't have the best experience at Cocoa Couture.  They asked for a price point and the woman scoffed when I told her about what my budget would be and then said she didn't think they could do anything for me but she would try.  It was also a Saturday which is understandably busy but they just weren't very nice or accommodating to begin with.  Just something to think about!
  • Options
    linz85linz85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are willing to drive a little bit, Premiere Bridal on Carlisle Road in York is AWESOME. You come in, and they give you markers to put on all of the things you like. Once they see what you're trying on or if they have a feeling about a dress for you they'll pull it. They are EXTREMELY helpful. They help you get in and out of each dress while your family sits in big comfy army chairs near a big mirror all lit up.  They have dresses ranging from 500-1200 or so. Their sample/not orderable dresses obviously you have to buy off the rack but if its not a sample dress they can order it.  They also have shoes, veils, and stuff downstairs for bridesmaids/mothers of the bride i believe.  They have found dresses for both my sister and I. My sisters dress was 785 and it has a removeable train...its like having two dresses.  They also altered a dress and fixed it, it was the dress my sister wore in my mom's wedding..now her own daughter is wearing it.  My dress, shoes and Veil all added up to 1149. My dress itself was only 845 and it is GORGEOUS.

Taylored for you In Mechanicsburg is also nice and very helpful. Not pressuring at all...
    **All WELCOME!**
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    BFP 1 4/2010 M/C 5/1/2010 8w2d EDD 12/10/10 BFP 2 5/5/2011 C/P?? 5/14/2011 5w2d EDD 01/12/12 BFP 3 3/12/2012 EDD 11/23/12 Ultrasound 4/11/12 H/B 160bpm! It's a GIRL!
    BabyName Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    aras8609aras8609 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow thanks for all the tips guys! I can't wait to go check out these places in August when I finally get a vacation!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards