North Carolina
Options

Getting veil steamed/pressed?

Hey y'all, this may be a strange question, but here goes: I bought my veil online so it came in a package and is a bit wrinkled. Do you know a good, reliable place that could steam it or press it in Raleigh/Cary/Apex area?

Also, I'm debating sending it to my FMIL to take with her when she visits NC in a couple weeks (I live in Chicago), or whether I should be fine doing it the week of? Any thoughts or advice?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Getting veil steamed/pressed?

• Options
    Honestly, before you send it anywhere, next time you take a shower, hang that sucker up close to the shower (out of getting wet range though) (maybe on the opposite side of the shower curtain) and just let the hot steam release the wrinkles.

We did this with my graduation gown and it worked wonders!

However, if that doesn't work, I've got no idea so good luck! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks! I'll try that and see how it goes. I'm concerned it'll get wrinkled again in transit to NC, but I guess I should try it now to see how effective it is!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Just hang it up. I hung up my veil so I could take it with me to try THE DRESS. The wrinkles just fell right out of it. You should be fine just taking it with you when you fly down.
    The Future Mrs. Burleson Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards