California-Orange County

Mary Me Bridal (not very happy with them)

Hello Knotties, I usually never post on here, but for this situation I really think I should. So my wedding is July 3rd, 2010 and I started shopping for my wedding dress towards the end of June of this month. One of my friends got married last year and bought her dress at Mary Me Bridal, so she suggested that I go and check out the bridal shop. I made an appointment and went with my mom and one of my best friends to try dresses on. I didn't think that I would purchase the dress that day. The sales lady that helped me out was an older lady named Susan, I believe. She was really nice and gave me great customer service. I tried on about 8-10 dresses and when I tried on the second to the last one, I realized that I had found THE DRESS. It was everything I wanted and more! So that day I placed the order for my dress and payed for half (which is what they require). The shop told me that the dress would come in no later than December. So about a month ago (beginning of October) my dress came in and was ready to be picked up. I made an appointment to pick up my dress for a Saturday morning. Now, I understand that Saturdays are busy, but none the less, I personally believe that bridal shops (such as this one) should place a limit on how many appointments they will take in a time frame. Anyhow, I arrived for my appointment and it did look really busy compared to how it was the first time I went to purchase my dress. I notified the lady at the front desk that I was there to pick up my dress and try it on. She directed me towards the dressing rooms and told me to wait there while they got someone to help me out. I waited about 15 minutes or so until someone (an asian lady) came over and directed me towards a dressing room where my dress was. I walked in and and she helped me put on the dress and it fit like a glove! :) My mom and best friend were out in one of the waiting areas while I tried on the dress. I stepped out for them to see me in it and enjoy the moment. The lady (who by the way didn't provide her name to me) (guess I should have asked) brought out a cathedral length veil (which is what I am looking for) and put it on me so I could see what it looked like. The day that I actually purchased my dress Susan wrote a note in my file that I liked a particular veil that I tried the dress on with. I asked the lady that was helping me out if she could check my file so that I could try on the veil that I really liked the first time. She left for about 10 minutes and came back to tell me that she couldn't find it. Then she stood there and looked at her watch!!! She was basically rushing me! I felt like she didn't provide the attention and service that a bride-to-be deserves. She didn't even offer to bring out more veils so I could see them. I called and complained (but in a very non-aggressive way) and just let the manager know that because of that experience I don't plan on going back to get alterations done or purchase my veil. She wasn't very understanding at all and she kept saying that Saturdays are busy. So for all you brides-to-be out there I wouldn't really suggest you purchase your dress from Mary Me Bridal. I feel like once they make the sale, they don't really care about their customer service.

Re: Mary Me Bridal (not very happy with them)

• leffyinocleffyinoc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! Thanks for your post and review. I have also purchased my gown (Maggie Sottero) from Mary Me Bridal and worked with Susan. My friend who got married last yr also went there and had a good overall experience. I went in twice. I found my dress on my first visit with my mom and it was perfect. It was the first dress I tried on. I purchased it in Sept after I tried it on again to show my maid of honor. My dress won't be in until March (hopefully). I get married on June 26, 2010 in NJ. I was upset with Susan because she told me my dress came in petite then it didn't. Ok fine. Good to know as we ordered it. I felt Susan gave me the time and attention but I found the shop to be a bit disorganized as a whole. I do not plan on getting my alterations done there because Susan gave me a quote when I first when in and then I later asked again when I ordered it and she gave me another quote and said this and that were or were not included which she failed to tell me the first time. I hope that Mahtab will be able to alter it. She's an outside seamstress that many girls on the board recommend. I'm happy to hear your dress fit perfectly. How lucky for you! I'm curious to hear from others who have been there too. :)
  • wingqueen26wingqueen26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, I'm an August 2010 bride to be and I am in a similar situation. My newly opened local bridal shop had an on-site seamstress when I ordered the dress back in September. I was told recently that when the dress comes in I need to pay for it in full. I then inquired what happens after the dress is paid for. I understood that a "full service" salon held the dress until your wedding day. However, now that she canned her seamstress like an easter ham, she now outsources work to some lady who works out of her home.....the dress will supposedly go there after my first fitting and I will pick it up from that lady for my wedding. Well red flags are going off everywhere for me. I don't feel comfortable watching my upwards of $1,000 gown being hauled off to someone's home. Okay, so my question is since both of you said you are not having alterations done there, I assume you will take your gowns when they come and where will you store them? Thanks, Jennifer
  • edited December 2011
    my sister also had terrible customer service experience at mary me...the salesperson made her cry!!!  eesh. stay away!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards