Connecticut

Videography alternative--Wedit

FI and I are looking for an alternative to a videograher for our wedding. Videographers are sooo expensive!!! Has anyone heard of or used wedit? If so we are looking for reviews....Its a company that loans out 4-5 flip video cameras for guests to have through out the wedding, they tape the wedding and various moments from their point of view. You return the flip cameras and they customize a video in hd of all the moments that were captured.

http://www.wedit.com/
148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
RSVP Deadline: March 8
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Videography alternative--Wedit

• I have not heard of this, but love this option!! I'm keeping an eye on this discussion :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Such a dumb idea...

Want 5 angles of crappy footage, horrible audio.  Ever use a flip camera in a dark reception?  Not gonna happen....  Go Cheap.. .get cheap results...

Do you really think you'll be "happy" with what you get back from them?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    It seems interesting but I don't know how well it would work- we hired a professional videographer and were beyond pleased with the results. However, a relative also videotaped certain parts of our day and, while I was very appreciative that he made us a copy etc., the video actually made me sick while watching it  haha (like motion sickness).

Also, videographers get paid to be at the right place, at the right time, and catch all of those special memories.  My husband wore a wireless mic during the ceremony so our vows were recorded crystal clear, etc.

I know that there are certain people who don't have a videographer at all (and some wish they did), so I would say that MAYBE this option is better than nothing... but, I certainly don't think it comes close to hiring a professional

Good luck!!
  • Christine9866Christine9866 member
    edited May 2012
    Thanks! Just wanted to see if someone on here has actually ever used them. I find a lot of the vendor reviews on here very helpful(as I am sure everyone else does as well) and thats why I posted it here. I found it this morning on my month board, but they did not have personal use with it. I hear a lot of people say get a videographer, you will be happy you did, but they are sooo expensive. I have looked into a bunch that were recc. on the boards but they are just not in our budget.
  • Amanda1443994Amanda1443994 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2012

If you don't mind me asking, do you have a specific budget in mind? We're using RI Video Pros and though I don't have personal experience with them yet, their samples look great. I think they're prices are very reasonable, too. We chose the package for $1000, but they do offer a $500 package as well.

"Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_videography-alternative-wedit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:76081736-e57f-4588-bc7a-f585f75f1a70Post:9c5bf7c6-f860-4faa-bb6a-b7dd028cc934">Re: Videography alternative--Wedit</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you don't mind me asking, do you have a specific budget in mind? We're using RI Video Pros and though I don't have personal experience with them yet, they're samples look great. I think they're prices are very reasonable, too. We chose the package for $1000, but they do offer a $500 package as well.
    Posted by Amanda1443994[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I am going to look into them :)
  • Ditto RI Video Pros. We got their $500 package. I didn't want to spend thousands on a video, so I didn't. Good luck! 
  • Christine, I also saw that posted on the month board and looked into it. I found an old thread on another board where someone posted their video that they made with it. (thread link and direct link to video) I watched some of it and while it's definitely far from the quality of professionals, it's better than nothing at all. 

Videography is not really in our budget as well.  We are planning on buying a decent video camera and are going to ask one of my cousins, who has a very steady hand, to record. I know for the price of the camera, we can probably afford a cheaper professional, but realisitcally, it's not really a priority for us and we figure the camera will also come in handy once we have kids. The photographer we are using will be creating clip show with pictures to our wedding song, so I kind of feel like that will be a decent subsitute for a professional video. 

Follow Me on Pinterest

• CTJennyCTJenny member
    Video wasn't in our original budget but I ended up booking with Randall Jenkins (he is costing about $1500 for the whole night with two videographers but he has cheaper packages as well).

http://www.randalljenkins.org/Randall_Jenkins_Video/Home.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards