Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Is it too late....

... to get a different dress... I have been having second thoughts about my dress since pretty much right after I purchased it, even though it has a lot aspects that I wanted I just do not feel excited about it at all, I keep trying to convince myself and I am just having a really hard time, I want to try to find a different dress so bad!

So I guess what Im wondering is has anyone here ever gotten rid of a dress and gotten a new one or known someone who has done so, does anyone know what my options are, like maybe altering it different or something? It was too expensive to just get a new dress without someone getting money for the one I have or returning it....

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllpppppp Pleeeeeeeease!

oh and there is a picture of the dress in my bio in case anyone is wondering what it looks like

Re: Is it too late....

• Options
    jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well why don't you like the dress? i think it's gorgeous on you.

with 5 mos to go, you're going to have to pay rush fees for a new dress unless you get it at DB or something like that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I guess I just feel like its too plain, and I probably just watch too many wedding tv shows  and look at too many dresses, when I went into looking at dresses what i wanted was sweetheart neckline, ruching, and nothing too flashy so actually its pretty much what I went looking for haha

I guess I am just looking for support by posting or maybe wondering if others felt this way... maybe I could dress it up with jewelery or I dont know.... I just cant stop second guessing it, maybe I should just not look at it for awhile?

or maybe its just normal wedding anxiety? ahhh just needed to vent

• Options
    jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    first-STOP looking at other wedding dresses. it'll get you every time.
    second-do you have jewelry yet? buy blingy jewelry to make it sparkle more.
    third-i had the designer send extra beading with my dress and the seamstress put the beading on the back of my dress. a dress twin had extra beading put on the bodice. what about doing something like that?

try putting the gown on again if you have it, or going to see it if it's at the shop. remember that you fell in love with it for a reason. chances are you just need to see it again to reassure yourself.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you JrsyGirl!!!!! you're right, I just need to relax and find some fancy jewelry, got my earrings already but maybe a bigger bracelet or something as well... and maybe I will talk to the bridal shop and see if they can add some extra detailing somewhere, from what I understand the seamstress where I got my dress is really good so Im sure she can work some magic, thank you again for listening to me vent, you really helped!

btw I love your wedding picture slideshow, you looked beautiful and yay for blue shoes!
  • Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your gown is absolutely GORGEOUS!  And you look so beautiful in it!

I love the ruching, and the back and the crystal bling.  It's a very classic and elegant gown!

I have read many times on these boards about brides buying another gown -- and then being unable to resell their 1st dress.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Do what makes you happy, but I think the dress looks great on you!  I like the suggestions of dressing it up with jewelry or getting some extra beading sewn onto it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Take it from some other ladies on this board who did buy a second dress - don't do it!!!

You bought the first dress because you loved it right? So stop looking at other ones. If you do buy a new one, and try to sell the first, it can be quite difficult. (Ask Dream - she still has her 2nd dress I believe).

It's a very pretty dress, and it has nice detailing. I think the shoes certainly add to it, and you can really do up your jewlery and headpiece to add to the glamour of it. So stop looking, you picked that first dress for a reason!!

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies! All  of your advice has really helped a lot.... sorry I have been MIA i wish I could be around more but my new job computer blocks all message board type features... so no knot at work : (

I need to try to make it a point to get on after work cause I feel so much more relieved after venting about this and getting some different viewpoints!

Have a great Monday everyone!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DON'T buy a second dress! I did and ended up wearing the first one and can not sell the second one for the life of me. I also thought that mine was too plain, but in the end knew that it was right for me. Something made you choose it and you need to remember that and trust in it. It is super late in your process to stress about a new dress (getting it in time, alterations, etc.) in my opinion. And it is BEAUTIFUL on you. I love the detail on the bodice area.

I hope that helps. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the others - it is beautiful and looks great on you!  Don't even look at any more dresses!  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't have anything new to say really, but just wanted to agree that your dress is beautiful, and you look beautiful in it. I think it will look awesome with your blue shoes, and you can easily find jewelry to compliment it. I never had doubts about my dress, but I did wonder at one point if I should have looked around more, so I kind of see where you are coming from.
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think all the other ladies here gave you great advice.  Your dress is BEAUTIFUL, and it looks great on you.  Stop looking at other dresses!  It's normal to want everything to be "perfect" and second guess some decisions, but you picked this one for a reason.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    To the ladies who commented after me that I didnt get a chance to thank yet ... THANK YOU!
    All of your posts have really helped and put a smile on my face, you girls are wonderful : )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards