Hawaii
Options

Question about final gown fitting

Is it too soon to have a final gown fitting scheduled 2 weeks before the travel date?  My final fitting is scheduled for October 19th and travel date is November 3rd.

My first two fitting are about 2 months before.  I'm wondering if I should move the final fitting date even closer to the travel date?  My weight doesn't fluctuate at all ... since high school actually  :D   So .. should I worry about it?

Re: Question about final gown fitting

• Options
    sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't worry about it!  I'm going to end up having mine before that, but my back is a corset, so it shouldn't really effect me that much.  If you haven't gained/lost any weight since HS, def don't worry about it.
  • Options
    cryssvcryssv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my first fitting a month ago, 3 weeks ago went back to try it on to see how it fit and it was perfect. I'm now 2 weeks out and I'm going to just pop in tomorrow (no apt with the alterations dept.) to just to be sure everything is perfect - if not it'll give me time to book in with the seamstress - if it is something I know it would be very minor.
    451x156 proportions
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am 2 months out today, and I am going for my first alterations appointment today.  I'm not at all worried about gaining weight in the next 2 months, but do whatever makes you feel comfortable. 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    2 weeks is perfectly fine.  It also gives you a little buffer *just* in case something needs to change.
  • Options
    TripleAubsTripleAubs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yup two weeks is perfect and I think it will give you peace of mind that your dress will be done when it is time to travel. I had my final fitting two weeks before the wedding and everything was great!

a+k

Photobucket

• Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that's a normal timeframe to have the final fitting in.  Just make sure you have a safe spot to stow it away when you bring the dress home!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards