Florida-Central Florida

Rehearsal dinner near disney

Hey everyone! This is my first post! I'm so excited! I'm trying to come up with ideas for a rehearsal dinner space. We're getting married at Paradise Cove, so I'd like to do it somwhere near there. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!  

Re: Rehearsal dinner near disney

• edited December 2011
    My best friend got married there in April! GREAT VENUE!  They had their rehearsal at Johnny's Hideway....it's just on the other side of I-4 in Lake Buena Vista about 5 minutes from Paradise Cove.  I would definitely check it out! Good luck with your search!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • sprat85sprat85 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our rehearsal dinner at Bubba Gump Shrimp at City Walk in Universal Studios.  Probably a little farther than you want.  They were much cheaper than the hotel we had the wedding at.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting married at Shades of Green at Disney in March, and we're doing the rehearsal dinner at Maggiano's in Pointe Orlando.  They have a nice set of private rooms, some with a bar in them.  It's not right at Disney, but it's not too terribly far, depending on where everybody lives or is staying. 

I've never actually eaten there, so hopeully it's tasty!

Good luck!
  • happe2getherhappe2gether member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_rehearsal-dinner-near-disney?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:5942b5dd-e8a6-4d22-bda8-a38a79b75660Post:653b5c98-fe63-4033-9eed-31b3cf383fcb">Re: Rehearsal dinner near disney</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're getting married at <strong>Shades of Green at Disney</strong> in March, and we're doing the rehearsal dinner at Maggiano's in Pointe Orlando.  They have a nice set of private rooms, some with a bar in them.  It's not right at Disney, but it's not too terribly far, depending on where everybody lives or is staying.  I've never actually eaten there, so hopeully it's tasty! Good luck!
    Posted by ajoyfulnole[/QUOTE]

So excited to see another Shades of Green bride here!! I was bummed to hear Bonny is no longer there.  Good luck to you with your wedding there.  Do you mind if I PM you with questions?   Maggiano's is an excellent choice! I've never known them to serve a bad meal and their private room service is the best!!

I'm not from the area but so far Copper Canyon Grill on the I-4 looks like where we will consider having our RD at.  Anyone have info on this wedding?  Good or bad reviews?
    80 said yes image
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married in that area and having our RD at Kool Katz in Olde Town.  Our wedding is more of a destination wedding for everyone, and we are including all out of town guests in our RD to thank them for making the trip.  They have a very laid back outside patio where we are doing a BBQ buffet style.  I am friends with the head chef and they are really sweet there.  I only recommend this if you are looking for a more laid back feel for a RD.  Hope this helps!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NdemickNdemick member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much ladies. I'll definitely check out all those places!
  • edited December 2011
    Eeek, sorry for the delay!

Yay SOG  bride!  I miss Bonny too!  I've got a meeting with Theresa tonight - she seems to be losing a lot of the details, and she's freaking me out, so I'm going to iron out a few details with her in person.

PM Away!

I've been to Copper Canyon Grill - isn't that the place right across the walkway in Pointe Orlando from Maggiano's? If that's the place I'm thinking of, I loved their food! 

• edited December 2011
    Sorry I'm a little behind on commenting but MUST comment and say both Copper Canyon Grill and Maggiano's are AMAZING. Haven't been in any private party rooms or events there but speaking on a general dinner menu, it's great! No complaints whatsoever. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards