Hawaii
Options

Maui buffet style welcome dinner?

I'm looking for some alternate options for the welcome dinner and was wondering if anyone has had a buffet style welcome dinner on Maui.  I'm in need of rec's..looking at a budget of around $50pp in the Lahaina area. 

For those that did it this way, did you have it catered and served at a rented venue or did you have it at a restaurant?  I still would like it to be a semi-formal type of dinner but am finding it hard to find enough options..

Thanks!

Re: Maui buffet style welcome dinner?

• Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I know some brides are having catering delivered to their condo and then having a welcome gathering there.  That's what I plan to do.    I'm not familiar with buffets, so I hope someone else can chime in.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just did a welcome bbq at our condos.
  • Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yep, we are having a welcome BBQ the day before our wedding, which also happens to be the 4th of July.  We are doing a combo of grilling and bringing in food.  We are going to get a few containers of food from Da Kitchen, and then will host out of one of our condos as they are all ground floor so people can just kind of roam. 

Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    keltonskeltons member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our welcome/Aloha party scheduled for the pavillion at Kalama park in Kihei and decided not to do it there because it was too dumpy. We ended up having it at my parents condos (Maui Sunset) on the lawn, which worked out perfectly. We had about 60 people. My parents rented tables and chairs which were delivered and picked up. They got tablecloths and decorations at the party store. We had a friend act as the bartender, picking up all the drinks at Costco. Then we had most of the food catered from Da Kitchen. It's not fancy, but the food was good. We had some food from Costco too. Everyone had a great time! I don't think people need fancy when you're in Maui- just be outside and enjoy the sunshine!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards