Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Inexpensive but good caterers

Hi, does anyone know of any inexpensive but good caterers in the Baltimore area?  I have a tight budget, but a huge guest list so it is making it difficult when you start accounting for food/alcohol per person.  Thanks!

Re: Inexpensive but good caterers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hunt valley catering- $50pp includes appetizers, dinner, cake and alcohol
  • Options
    BmoreNicoleBmoreNicole member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Atlantic, and I think they are awesome! They have a ton of experience, the food is good and they let you bring your own alcohol, which is saving us a couple thousand dollars. They were also able to work with us and our budget to find a menu that works for us. Our quote included a cake (from Sugarbakers) and linens. I'm really excited about them. Let me know if you have any specific questions about them. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Zeffert and Gold.  They're always willing to work within a budget and the food is amazing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi, i am personally using Hunt Valley. They are one of the cheapest that ive found. Im also having my wedding at the cloisters though and they require you to pick from a list of caterers. They still however seem expensive...even though they were the cheapest.

I can reccommend a local company called "This Swine's for you." We use them for all of our families events including my brothers wedding last year. They are extremely nice people with very reasonable prices. They are, however, more of a buffet style caterer if that is ok. Food is always excellent.

So i dont know your price range, but if its not that much...reccommend This Swines for you.
    More than words.....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maryland Country Cateres...they let you supply your own alcohol...so that brings the prices down.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Old Knottie here...We met with both Hunt Valley Catering and Atlantic Caterers. We preferred Atlantic and went with them. We LOVED them!!! I can't say enough good things! Our friends had the food at our wedding and loved it so much, they hired Atlantic for their wedding too and of course it was great again. Highly reccomend!!

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w -- BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w -- BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d -- BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    BabyFruit Ticker

Decorate This
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Eleven Courses, Private Chefs catered my sister's rehersal dinner and wedding reception in October (rehersal 60 people, reception 250) and the food was incredible and afforadable  They are going to do our wedding also.

They are private chefs, so they can tailor the menu however you would like. They are so much more than your "tyipcal wedding caterer."

What I love about them is that they use really fresh ingredients and don't cut any corners. Plus you get a FREE wedding planner when you book them for catering!

I would def recommend giving them a call. Their website is
    www.elevencourses.com
    Aubriel Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going with Angel's. If you are not familar with them- they are a grocery store in Pasadena, MD. Kim Ward is the head of their catering and she is AMAZING!!!! Incredibly sweet, their food is amazing, and the prices rock. They are even customizing my menu- so if it's not on there- ask- they'll work something out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards