Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Need a caterer =/

We're having our wedding Mid-december and I'm sort of looking around then realizing I can't find an affordable caterer. Our original plan was to have our family cook and just bring a few finger foods to the venue, but we found out the venue doesn't allow it, they have to be -licensed- caterers but we're having a hard time finding something that's not a huge 10 course meal instead just something small with a reasonable price. Any ideas? The wedding is in Alpharetta.

Re: Need a caterer =/

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm not entirely sure they'll go up to alpharetta...
    but my caterer is doing a full dinner for us for $10.50 per person.
    i'm using family tradition restaraunt in woodstock.

look at local restaraunts- some have catering services, and they're usually less expensive than a company who only caters.
    imageimage
    PS Sig Challenge: Rings
    Sept 2011 Sig Challenge: First Kiss
    Anniversary
  • Options
    MrsJones012MrsJones012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That was my original plan. Since it's so casual we thought about doing something like  lasagna, rolls from Provino's or like chicken nuggets from chik-fil-a just as snack food but i went through 40 heads I think before I got to anyone who knows anything about if they cater and I still got a mumble of answers. It was just annoying since I called a few people and everyone just ends up saying "I dont know" heh. Guess I'll keep poking and see what I can find.
  • Options
    MelissaAnne88MelissaAnne88 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    This was our caterer for the rehearsal dinner: http://cateringbythemasterstable.com/default.aspx

$7.00 a head includes: two meats, four sides, bread, salad, drinks, dessert, all dishes, and delivery.

And the food was AMAZING! Mac & Cheese = to die for!
    The Happiest 5K on the Planet! Color Run 2012
    "I think the threat of 'You've ticked off The Brides!' might do it." Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    MrsJones012MrsJones012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooo yum! THat looks sooo good. I might look into that =) Thanks a buncH!
  • Options
    My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_need-caterer-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:29113916-d6e1-4542-9b0d-418a005d16c1Post:22aa4a5b-ebc6-4d3f-a5d2-cb9c9e542ba4">Re: Need a caterer =/</a>:
    [QUOTE]This was our caterer for the rehearsal dinner: <a href="http://cateringbythemasterstable.com/default.aspx" rel='nofollow'>http://cateringbythemasterstable.com/default.aspx</a> $7.00 a head includes: two meats, four sides, bread, salad, drinks, dessert, all dishes, and delivery. And the food was AMAZING! Mac & Cheese = to die for!
    Posted by MelissaAnne88[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>That sounds SO GOOD!!

</div>
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • Options
    MelissaAnne88MelissaAnne88 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_need-caterer-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:29113916-d6e1-4542-9b0d-418a005d16c1Post:2ae421c1-6e4c-41a0-b756-489f9714081f">Re: Need a caterer =/</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Need a caterer =/ : That sounds SO GOOD!!
    Posted by My_Matt[/QUOTE]
    It was! She was amazing! She's been catering for 25+ years, and never raised her prices!

I could have eaten an entire pan of that mac & cheese. I was feeling a few jitters/nerves at our rehearsal dinner, and I didn't get to eat nearly as much as I wanted to!
    The Happiest 5K on the Planet! Color Run 2012
    "I think the threat of 'You've ticked off The Brides!' might do it." Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FYI, I called the Master's Table for catering. Lynn responded promptly, but since she's in Winder, they will not come to the Marietta area for my wedding. I think unless you are close to Winder they won't travel. Sucks because the price is great.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I forgot to add, another place to check would be the Oakwood Cafe, they're in College Park. They will travel to cater. I believe for about $12/pp you can have two meats, 2-3 sides, banana pudding, tea/lemonade, and plastic plates/napkins, cups, etc. I think if you add 18% they will do full service and real china, but you need to ask to be sure. HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Hello,

Firstly, congratulations of your celebration of marriage.

My name is Errol Hammond of 5 Loaves 2 Fish Catering. If you send me a list of the food you wish to have I can send you a quote within your budget.

5l2fcateringdesigns@gmail.com

~Thank You

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards