Kentucky

Rehearsal Dinner Alternative in Louisville

We would love to have a cocktail/dessert style rehearsal dinner in Louisville. This is a kind of destination wedding as neither of our families are from the city and we do not currently live in Louisville. I am unfamilar with the area! Does anyone have any suggestions?

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Alternative in Louisville

• squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Drinks, apps, and desserts?  What's your budget?  How many people?  There are tons of awesome restaurants - just need some parameters to narrow the list a bit.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • ZachandMereZachandMere member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were going to do ours at Napa River Grill in Westport Village, but...  they have a $4,000 minimum (no matter the size of your party) and the party manager there (Emily) is kind of difficult to get a hold of. 

We are having our dinner at Martini's in the Summit instead.  We are having about 60 people so they are sectioning off half of the restaurant for us.  With them, you pick a menu and you pay per plate (plus drinks).  They have been really helpful so far and the food (and martinis) is amazing. 

I agree with Squirrly though, it depends a lot on your budget and how many people you are having as to where you will be able to hold it.
  • jmlane13jmlane13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gotcha! We're looking for around 50 people and would love an alternative/funky vibe as opposed to a formal cocktail reception. We want to provide desserts and a couple drinks/person for around $1000. Any suggestions?
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure about just desserts, but a very cool, funky place with tasty cocktails is Asiatique. 

I'm sure Equus could accommodate, but I have no idea what their price would run.

Sweet Surrender is a dessert cafe with awesome sweets and treats, but I'm not sure about cocktails. 

Other places I like in general that I would probably call if I were you:  Bourbon's Bistro,  Avalon, Cafe Lou Lou, North End Cafe, and Limestone.  Seviche might be another interesting choice - they have some really awesome stuff.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • edited December 2011

Try Proof on Main or Social 360. They are both great resturants and can accomidate 50 + people.
  • edited December 2011
    You could look into renting out a room and having it catered.  Try the Conrad Caldwel house or the Nunlea House.  They will let you bring in your own food and drinks and hire a bartender.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards