Moms and Maids
Options

I have been asked by my daughter to be her matron of honor

My daughter has asked me to be her matron of honor. I must admit that I was stunned, and at the same time I felt honored.  We talked about it before I gave an answer.  I asked if she was sure about this, and she replied "You are my best friend, so why not?"  I accepted.  I plan on not dressing like the rest of the bridal party, but will wear something complimentary to the colors.  I will walk down the aisle before her but sit with my husband.  When it comes time for the vows I will step up next to her and will also have the groom's ring.  She does not plan to have a bridal table.  Instead she and her husband will sit at a table along with my husband and me and his parents as well.  The rest of the bridal party will sit at tables with their respective guest.  There will not be a bridal dance, so I won't have to dance with the groom's brother (best man) who will be 19 at the time.  Do you think this can work?

Re: I have been asked by my daughter to be her matron of honor

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't see why not.  It sounds like you have a plan.  The only strange thing for me would be not standing next to her.  I've been to weddings where the FOG is also the best man.  At all of those he stood next to his son and the MOG sat in the front row with other close relatives. 

You should be proud to have that kind of relationship...awesome!
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think this sounds lovely!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It is awesome you have a plan and I would be so honored if was a Mom and my daughter asked me to be her MOH.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Such a nice honor for you! It sounds like you have all the details worked out to suit your circumstances. It will be beautiful.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That sounds so wonderful. You a very blessed woman to have such a great relationship with your daughter!
  • Options
    Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Seems like you've given it a lot of thought, and planned it out well. I don't see how it would be a problem, and if you and your daughter have that kind of relationship it is entirely appropriate. I was at a wedding a few weeks ago where the father of the groom was a groomsman. Not quite the same, but it seemed to work fine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I plan on asking my mom to be my Matron of Honor as well. She is my best friend and has been for years. Sounds like you guys have a great plan all worked out for the ceremony. Congrats!!
  • Options
    lisab613lisab613 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sounds like you've thought it out well and considered the dual role of MOH/MOB and how it might effect things. i can't think of anything you're missing, it sounds great!
    Anniversary image<br
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards