Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

BYOB rehearsal dinner venue

Hi Ladies, My future MIL lives in Houston so I told her I'd look into rehearsal dinner venues for her. Does anyone know of a rehearsal dinner venue that's BYOB and can fit around 90 ppl??? Any help is much appreciated!

Re: BYOB rehearsal dinner venue

• Is there a particular part of town you're looking for?
  • FWIW, we didn't have alcohol at the RD.  We just had it at a restaurant where there was a bar for anyone who wanted to purchase alcohol.  But I don't think anyone did.
  • Our RD was at Times Ten Cellar, which is in Lakewood.  It's a wine bar, so they obviously want you to use their wine, but they give you a discount on the bottles you purchase.  They also let you bring your own beer and spirits and serve them for you.
    Anniversary

• Why BYOB? Are  you looking for a restaurant or a venue where you also bring in your own food?

There aren't a lot of BYOB places, because it's not that difficult in Dallas to get a liqueur license and that is where a lot of restaurants make the majority of their money. Trust me, my family is in the business.

If you want BYOB maybe a park or somebody's backyard and have a BBQ place cater?
  • I don't go out a lot in Dallas, but look at Yelp.com.  You can search for BYOB restaurants on there.  Typically they're smaller country-Italian places.
  • I love that place. Do you me asking if they charged a room rental fee and who you used for catering?
  • Also, my FMIL was wanting to do BYOB to keep the cost down. We were trying to find a restaurant large enough for 90 that would let us bring in alcohol but that's looking pretty dim so we might have to go the other route and like Times Ten.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_byob-rehearsal-dinner-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:017234a5-fc67-4aca-bd91-dc4c564f24bcPost:a84a79c7-1a41-4b24-b75b-8b2852ecdbf4">Re:BYOB rehearsal dinner venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love that place. Do you me asking if they charged a room rental fee and who you used for catering?
    Posted by tiffylulu84[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't remember, but I can ask my MIL.  We used their party room, which holds up to 85 (which is about what we had).  You can also rent the main building (or rooms within the main building), but you'd have to call and ask about prices.  They have a preferred caterer list of about 20 vendors.  We went with Celebration and it was outstanding.  I would definitely ask your MIL what her budget is for RD and then give George a call.  I wouldn't say it was outrageous, but I certainly don't think it was cheap.</div>
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards