Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Honeymoon Brainstorming..anyone?

FI and I travel pretty frequently and are looking for someplace to just relax for our honeymoon.   We want somewhere adults only, all inclusive with a really nice (not overcrowded) beach.

I fell in love with Antigua personally, but the most direct flight from DFW is 10 hours.  Yowza.   I don't want to waste that much of our honeymoon on a plane unless I'm going abroad.

So, neither of us has been to Mexico and I know there are tons of direct flights there.  Has anyone been to any incredible resorts there they would like to share?  Also, any other ideas are welcome!

Thanks!

Re: Honeymoon Brainstorming..anyone?

• Options
    pphqt10pphqt10 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We are doing Belize, flight is about 3 hours and are running about $450 pp (non-stop american airlines) we are staying at the Cocotal inn and cabanas in the garden casita.

I was in the same boat as you when deciding on a honeymoon, I have been all over Europe, australia is too cold in March, we looked at Egypt, Bahamas and Costa Rica was a close second
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, I will check out Belize!   Costa Rica was my first choice originally...but I did some looking around and May will be their rainy season so now I'm not so sure about that one.
  • Options
    danielle16_17danielle16_17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cozumel Palace All Inclusive - thats my favorite hotel in Cozumel-
  • Options
    pphqt10pphqt10 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    THe palace hotels are really nice, we stayed at the AI moon palace in Dominican Republic with FIs work (so I don't know price sorry)
  • Options
    txtechgaltxtechgal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to Costa Rica (soooo excited!!) but in January. Through all the research and talking with other girls in the process, some went in the rainy season and said it's not a big deal. Prices are generally cheaper and it's like one downpour for an hour or two a day. Let that be a reason to have and afternoon nap or something?! ;o)

From Dallas there is a direct flight to Liberia where there are some great AI, but we are goign through Houston to San Jose.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister honeymooned at the El Dorado Royale resort in Riviera Maya and loved it. It's supposed to be a quiet and relaxing area of Mexico...no partying/night life. Their Maroma resort looks really nice too.

http://www.eldoradosparesorts.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    txtechgal-  Thanks thats great to know that rainy season isn't a big deal.  I'm going to put them back on the list! :)

Cheryl - that resort is on my list.  I'm glad to know someone (besides internet reviewers) had a good time there.

Thanks everyone for your input!  Now to narrow things down...  ::head desk::
  • Options
    Buttercup509Buttercup509 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We stayed at Secrets Maroma Beach and it was incredible. We never had trouble finding a lounge chair on the beach or by the pool. I really could go on and on about our honeymoon. If you have any specific questions, I'm happy to help.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks again everyone!   I have compiled a list of 8 potential resorts.   I have researched them all and looked at costs and reviews.

Now I'm going to give it to FI and make him decide! :)

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Secrets Maroma Beach.  Not because I have been there but because I saw it on a girl's bio on my club board and thought it looked like absolute heaven.  She's not going until January but Heather can obviously already vouch for it.  It looks fabulous and I am determined to go there one day. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For private, all-inclusive, good food, adults-only, beautiful resort check out The Royal in Playa del Carmen. You don't get the craziness of Cancun and it is pretty private. The "downtown is awesome" and quaint if you choose to walk the block off the resort to check it out. We really enjoyed our HM there and have since been back. And you fly direct into Cancun, take a 25 minute ride to the resort, and you're there!

I strongly recommend checking this out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For private, all-inclusive, good food, adults-only, beautiful resort check out The Royal in Playa del Carmen. You don't get the craziness of Cancun and it is pretty private. The "downtown is awesome" and quaint if you choose to walk the block off the resort to check it out. We really enjoyed our HM there and have since been back. And you fly direct into Cancun, take a 25 minute ride to the resort, and you're there!

I strongly recommend checking this out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ooh Emi that looks really nice!!   We went through the Mexico options and concluded that Secrets Maroma Beach is the best, but I have a feeling yours is going to give it a run for its money!

We still have a short list of Costa Rica and the Bahamas resorts to look through as well.
  • Options
    Buttercup509Buttercup509 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tiffany - The big difference between The Royal and Secrets Maroma is that The Royal is in Playa del Carmen and Secrets Maroma is not in a town. If you want to go into Playa it is about a $20 cab ride. The only time we left the resort was to go scuba diving. They have plenty of things to do, and we just wanted to relax anyway. Good luck making your decision. The honeymoon was probably the toughest thing to decide.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards