Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

E-Photos: Seeking Advice/Ideas

Hello ladies,

After deciding to forgo engagment photos, I've recently had a change in heart. They come as part of our package, I need a decent photo for our wedding website, and we realized good, quality photos (versus selfies taken at a bar) would just be really nice to have.

SO: I would appreciate any input/stories/advice/regrets from those of you who have taken engagment photos. I don't know what we should wear, if we should match, etc.

I guess I am most concerned because I am not really a spotlight kind of person, and taking these kinds of lovey dovey photos (based on the millions I've seen friends post to FB), is a bit out of my comfort zone and personality. I want to do them, I just want to figure out how to make them genuine, nice and not cheesy!

Thank you Laughing

Re: E-Photos: Seeking Advice/Ideas

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_e-photos-seeking-adviceideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:63f70c1d-c379-4d57-bf0b-c2129aa49853Post:81de4d9d-0c5f-4c91-bb7f-6de10523c1b4">E-Photos: Seeking Advice/Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello ladies, After deciding to forgo engagment photos, I've recently had a change in heart. They come as part of our package, I need a decent photo for our wedding website, and we realized good, quality photos (versus selfies taken at a bar) would just be really nice to have. SO: I would appreciate any input/stories/advice/regrets from those of you who have taken engagment photos. I don't know what we should wear, if we should match, etc. I guess I am most concerned because I am not really a spotlight kind of person, and taking these kinds of lovey dovey photos (based on the millions I've seen friends post to FB), is a bit out of my comfort zone and personality. I want to do them, I just want to figure out how to make them genuine, nice and not cheesy! Thank you
    Posted by drg424[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>You can wear whatever you want.  I suggest something that makes you feel comfortable and represents your personality.<span style="font-size:11px;line-height:14px;">  Personally, I would want complimentary outfits that are on the same level of dress.  I think matching outfits are cheesy.  Good luck!</span></div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    As the PP said, make sure you wear something you're comfortable in, don't feel like you have to get all dressed up formally for the photos, the more natural your outfit is, the more natural you'll look in the pictures. 

For the photos, you shouldn't have to do anything that you're not comfortable doing.  Maybe talk with your photographer and ask if you can do a more photojournalistic style with an emphasis on them capturing the two of you together and not necessarily the lovey dovey photos.  Ask if you and your fiance can be put into a setting you're both familiar with and comfortable (perhaps a frequent hangout at a cafe or a park you two go to often or some place that has special meaning to you) and just be yourselves around each other while the photographer takes the pictures.
  • Options
    Thanks to you both!

We've decided to do part of the shoot where we had our first date, which happens to be at a coffee shop/in a park. We'll dress casual for that, and I'm sure it will be emotional enough to revist the spot - no contrived emotions needed!

For the other portion, I'll probably stay somewhat casual, but just do a different look so we have some photo variation to choose from and display in our home. Kiss
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards