Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Photography on your honeymoon

No, not of that part :)

We are going to Hawaii and I thought it would be fun to do a portrait session while we are there. I'm an amateur photographer myself, and it kills me that it well be close to impossible to get good photos of both my FI and I on a trip we definitely want to remember.

Anyone done this--or does it seem like overkill?

Re: Photography on your honeymoon

• Options
    I myself am obsessed with taking pictures, but it might be a little overkill.  At most resorts you'll be able to find people to take your picture and lots of people HM over there, so I'm sure you'll be fine without the portraits.  I like the idea, but are they going to travel around with you, cause otherwise you'll have a bunch of pics at the same place, you know? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You're on the right track actually...

We are having a destination wedding in St Lucia. as I searched through the photographers web pages for our wedding, I noticed some of their clients were honeymooners. The shots were cute, fun, but best of all....professionally taken. 

my vote is go for it. 
  • Options
    It's Waikiki Beach next to Honolulu, so I've found quite a few possibilities for photographers that wouldn't have to travel. I don't really want them to "follow us around" but I really want some sunset/beach pictures. I guess it really depends on whether or not I want to spend the money :)
  • Options

The locals will find better places - and even if it is crowded, the best ones will find a way to make it work.

You'd never know that there were people boogy boarding and chilling on the beach in our TTD shots... it looks like we had the place to ourselves, which we totally didn't.

• Options
    Yeah, I agree, only you know whether you want to spend the time or money doing it.  It sounded like a good idea to me at the time too.

But my favorite picture of us was taken on our 5 year old Canon.  True, I look like h*ll but I still love it.  :)

• Options
    LOL honestly all I wanted to do on HM was freaking relax and have fun. I can't imagine saying 'ok time to go for our photo shoot'.
    but if that's what you like-then it's what you like.
    perhaps someone on the destination weddign boards could recommend their photographer for you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards