Iowa-Des Moines

Question about champagne...

Ok, here is my dilemma..I was just messing around on here and saw on the etiquette board that if the WP gets champagne then everyone else should too. Truth is I only bought champagne for my wedding party and didn't think that it would be that big of a deal. I've never been to a wedding in Iowa where everyone got champagne. So, here is my question, do you think it's OK to serve just champagne to the WP and not all the guests?
Anniversary

Re: Question about champagne...

• edited December 2011
    I personally think that it is fine, but I know some people totally wouldn't go along with it.  Of course, I think most people would fall all over themselves when they found out we were doing a cash bar only.  Sorry peoples.  We actually just had this discussion last week and as there is a little extra room in our budget, I think we probably will do a champagne toast with everyone, but I don't think by any means it is required.  I think that is totally the thoughts/feelings/budget of the bride and groom.  
    Anniversary
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, I don't think it is a bad thing, we are not planning any type of special toast so I don't see a problem with it.
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • milesbellamilesbella member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We aren't doing the champagne toast at all.  I've read that if you do it for some, you need to do it for all ... but I have been to weddings in the midwest where the bridal party had champagne and everyone else just toasted with whatever drink they had, and I don't think anybody bat an eye.  I wouldn't worry about it.
  • Rachael45Rachael45 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing just champagne for the WP and then offering beer or wine to the guests for all the toasts and dinner. I dont think your guests would feel offended if you didnt offer them champagne, but maybe offer them an alt. less expensive option instead if you think it might be an issue!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MaggieandJakeMaggieandJake member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just did a general toast….(hosted beer/wine) and also had champagne for just the wedding party.  I also saw that post on E and slid into the "guilty" shadows.  Though I understand their point that if you serve something to one person, you should serve it for all.  HOWEVER, we also served our tiered cake to WP and family first and had  (a different flavored) sheet cake to supplement, which I don't think would be nearly as frowned upon.
    "All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards