Outdoor Weddings

our wedding location is closing and they are keeping it a secret

did any brides out there book a wedding at Rancho Capistrano in southern california? It's been featured in several magazines as a top wedding location. 3 weeks ago we booked our date for May 30, 2010 and we just found out 2 days ago that they are closing!  We heard from a friend in teh industry about the rumor and we called our wedding planner for a week leaving several voicemails. After no responses we got in teh car and drove out there to confront them in person. They had already laid off most of the staff!  What is more crazy is that they said they were not allowed to update the brides! what???  seriously. you have to call in and ask about it yourself. how crazy is that... especially when our date was only 3 months out.

try booking a new venue for memorial day weekend in socal when you are only 3 months away! every place is booked!  we already sent invitations, already bought a dress specific to the venue and a morning wedding, already have several guests with reservations for that weekend... they will refund our deposit but our losses are far more than that.

we are hoping for a miracle with a new location. want to read a funny story related to our wedding?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140383792281&_trksid=p2762.l1259

Re: our wedding location is closing and they are keeping it a secret

• This is happening a lot of places.  I would post on your local board if you have not done so already, they may be able to help you find a new place.

Have you thought of changing the date?  Memorial weekend is tough and maybe people would have other plans
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • and how is a dress specific to a location and the morning?
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_wedding-location-closing-keeping-secret?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:fda9d8d2-1688-43e6-bc46-15df1b173b14Post:f3f4d900-903b-4880-a93f-0fe20e31e744">Re: our wedding location is closing and they are keeping it a secret</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe instead of taking a trip to Hawaii, you should have saved the money for a wedding.  Just a thought.
    Posted by MyNameIsNot[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the exact same thing - oh, you need to raise $$ for your wedding?  Well, sure, I can relate to that.  I was thinking of taking a temp job, in fact.

Oh, but wait.  You found this rock while walking along the beaches in Hawaii, where you went to take a break from the stress of planning your wedding?  Can no longer relate.  Or sympathize. 
  • But she went to Hawaii ($$) and you aren't willing to help a sista out?!
  • We're not having a honeymoon, nor are we going on an expensive vacation to get a break from all the self-induced wedding stress.

'Cause we can't afford it.

I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles, I'm with ohwhynot on this one
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • seriously-is this a joke? do they really expect someone to pay $5000 for a rock? and WTF does it have to do with their wedding venue closing? And who needs a vacation after one month of wedding planning?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_wedding-location-closing-keeping-secret?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:fda9d8d2-1688-43e6-bc46-15df1b173b14Post:f3f4d900-903b-4880-a93f-0fe20e31e744">Re: our wedding location is closing and they are keeping it a secret</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe instead of taking a trip to Hawaii, you should have saved the money for a wedding.  Just a thought.
    Posted by MyNameIsNot[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Actually, (and frankly, the topic of this thread is to odd to interest me) I think people should consider spending less on the wedding and more on living it up on the honeymoon! Just my opinion.

</div>
  • That sucks, sorry.
    Visit The Nest! Buying A Home
  • Maybe this is new, but the website says that "weddings currently booked at the Ranch will continue through the end of the year".  So it sounds like you're good to go!

http://www.ranchocapistrano.org/
  • deb84deb84 member
    First Comment
    You should have thought of wedding insurance.

And why did you send out your invites so early?!?!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Teh? When did people stop spelling 'the' right?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards