Christian Weddings

Gifts for parents

Hey girls,

I need some gift ideas of what to get for my FI's parents.  We'd like to give them a little something as a thank you, but here's the problem.  They live in Brazil, and FI can't think of anything they want or need.  I got my parents a gift certificate to a hotel they've been wanting to stay at, so the gift has to be kind kind of similar (not terribly more or less expensive) this way it doesn't appear as if we spent more or less money on one set of parents.  Any ideas???  Thanks!

Re: Gifts for parents

• iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Would they be interested in a photo book of your wedding pictures?  Perhaps you are already planning to do one, but that is one thing that even someone who has everything would not have.  If that is not a possibility, will they be coming to the states for your wedding?  Would you be able to plan something special for them to do while they are here?  Perhaps there is a really great restaurant that you know of where they could be treated for a really nice meal.  Or maybe a few restaurants that would be really nice for them to go to while here.
  • GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Iamjoesgirl.  They are coming for the wedding, but the problem is that 20 other Brazilian relatives are coming.  I know that they would want to spend time entertaining or keeping company the other guests in town.  We wanted to present the gifts to them at the rehearsal dinner in front of our guests, so it might be kind of late, as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards