Favors

Non-Food Favors

I know most people on here seem to like edible favors, but I am looking for something that people will actually want that isn't edible.

I actually tend not to end up eating the favors and they just sit in my fridge forever.
=)

Re: Non-Food Favors

• lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I like matches, the nice wooden stick ones.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • jeanna85jeanna85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got wine stoppers at the last wedding I went to, theyre really nice and now I can stop trying to jam the cork back into unfinished bottles of wine.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    unscented candle in a holder,
    a nice molded soap
    cookie cutter with a recipie card attached (not edilble but edible related)
    a nice pen
    cork screw
    wine bottle stopper
  • topchef33topchef33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The last wine stopper I got broke when I tried pulling it out of the bottle...so unless it's a nice one I don't know if it would be worth it.

www.myweddingfavors.com has some cute little soaps.

A cute magnet (one that isn't personalized w/your names or date)

Candle

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i like candles.  preferrably scented. 
  • edited December 2011
    So I am doing glass marble magnets.  They are fun to make..I've whipped up about 50 so far.  I just go through magazines and cut out cute images.  The cost is low, just the glass marbles and magnets, and whatever gift box or tin I put them in.  I am doing vintage-type pictures as this is my theme.  I am purely going for something that people will like and is useful.
  • blipsettprblipsettpr member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A big favorite from weddings I have been to is a cd of your favorite wedding songs from you day. First Dance, Entrance, etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • futurepivkofuturepivko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my FI is a golf pro, and so are many of his friends/guests, so *part* of our favors are personalized golf tees.

i also like candles :) there are lots of ideas in TheKnot shop as well
  • Bkseller13Bkseller13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only thing about giving the wine stoppers is that I'd never use it...I always finish the bottle...is this bad????  :-)
  • kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We did bud vases.
    imageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    i am getting small candles in candle jars with personalized matchs, thinking about putting them in some toule and then getting some sort of tag to put on the ribbon with a cute saying of som sort on it
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're only having a very small number of people, in Texas, in December, and there'll be a fire pit for s'mores, but it'll be a chilly evening. Instead of doing anything really "favoury" we're getting inexpensive polar fleece blankets from Ikea. If people want to use them, they can take them, and if they don't take then home or don't want them, we're donating them to a homeless shelter near my best friend's house.
  • jeanna85jeanna85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_non-food-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:2de755a4-1d42-4802-bc87-5a112f3046c7Post:45dc43ad-da3d-4102-8060-15aa21f2d0f7">Re: Non-Food Favors</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're only having a very small number of people, in Texas, in December, and there'll be a fire pit for s'mores, but it'll be a chilly evening. Instead of doing anything really "favoury" we're getting inexpensive polar fleece blankets from Ikea. If people want to use them, they can take them, and if they don't take then home or don't want them, we're donating them to a homeless shelter near my best friend's house.
    Posted by smokyhills[/QUOTE]

Love that! It won't work for my wedding, but it's a great idea.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    We are thinking about doing handmade bags with loose leaf tea in them, and a tea ball for one of our favors.  I also really like the CD idea and am probably going to do that. 
  • edited December 2011
    One note on the scented candle thing - It is usually a really big trigger for people with migraines. My whole family and I suffer from migraines and if the smell is overbearing or obnoxious and in the room all day, I would be sick before dinner. Plus I probably wouldn't take one with me. I think unscented is the best...IMHO!

• LadyArkhamLadyArkham member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having an origami kind of reception - origami cranes on the wedding cupcakes - and I was considering putting magnetic tape on the bottom of some origami cranes and frogs for favors. Haven't quite figured out that far yet.
    Visit Purple.weddings.com
  • edited December 2011
    Some scents trigger my headaches too.  

I like a lot of these ideas.  As a guest, I like edible favors best, but I'd like to receive a candle, matches, cookie cutter, tea ball-- I like the glass marble magnet idea too!  

I'd probably leave the wine stopper and the the golf tees, but that's just because I don't drink or golf.  Lots of people do though.  

• vickiandbrettvickiandbrett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning on doing wildflower seed packets and a mini garden shovel... like this:
    http://www.beau-coup.com/mini-garden-shovels.htm

• trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IMO, A CD favor is a waste of your time and money.  I've been given a lot of CD mixes as gifts and I, without fail, have thrown away every single one of them.  Your taste in music is yours.  It probably doesn't match up to your guest's taste in music.

Please rethink the CD thing.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    Our cake toppers are a bride and groom PEZ dispenser bobble heads. We are going to use PEZ dispensers for the favors. (Or at least part of.) Part if it is edible, but our guests will be able to keep the dispensers. It'll be fun. Hardest decision will be which characters to choose for the favor dispensers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • amanda1284amanda1284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

A close friend of mine had coasters that you could put a picture inside as her favors, they were wrapped in sets of two, and I really liked them.  I have them on my coffee table now, and they look great, everyone that comes over loves them.

• edited December 2011

If it's in your budget do a photo booth! :)  We're having a photo booth and also putting on each plate a 2x6 photo holder to put their picture in :) The holders only cost 99 cents each it's the photo booth that might cost you but hey it's worth it imo! :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I really like the coaster idea.  We could put a thank you note in them and then the guest could remove it and put a picture in it later.  They might work well with our little tea bags as well.  Do you know where your friend got them?  I know if you buy a set of them they can be fairly spendy. 
  • edited December 2011
    My Fiance and I are making CDs of our favorite love songs. It's personal, not to mention inexpensive. 100 cd's can cost as little as $20, and a label kit costs about $40.
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    wildflowers are HORRIBLE for the environment.  You are better off giving them seeds for herbs or something but wildflower seeds are often full of invasive species that kill regional wildflowers!!! that goes for paper products that have them embedded too.  They are an ecologist's nightmare!!!

• edited December 2011
    Those are all really great ideas!  Right now I am leaning towards  white/off whie coffee mugs.  I mght put pink  salt water taffy (even though I was looking for non-edible ideas=) in them, since its a beach wedding.  That way I can incorporate my pink ciolor and guys could still take it home.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm debating between having my brothetr (no an artist but good at drawing) draw us a generic beach design or just plain mugs.  Probably plain though, because the printed ones seem to be a lot more $$$$.  (At least as far as I can see)
  • EmmafileyEmmafiley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!,
    Wow, there are sooooooooooooo many nice non-food favors nowadays!!   You can find anything from soaps, candles, cookie cutters, teapots, golf balls, flower seeds............

I could go on and on.   You can find many cute items in your local stores, or you can shop online and find lots of unique favors.   At www.classyweddingdresses.com we have lots of non-food favors.   Many of them can be personalized with You and your husbands(!) names.

I'm sure you'll find something you like.  Best wishes!
    Emma Filey
    www.classyweddingdresses.com
  • edited December 2011
    hmmm - well I had the same problem and found out that most men 1) don't care about wedding favors or 2) thought that little box/ candle was part of the decor! LOL

So you might want to focus on the ladies, because chances are the guys won't notice all your efforts....I think the photobooth might get their attention, though...!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I feel the same about food favors.  My fiance and I are thinking of stemless wine glasses...you can get the engraved or with slight color tints and they're usually less than $2 a piece.  We're also thinking double-duty, so boxing them, since most people are traveling and using the name/gift tag as the table card.  Plus those who don't drink wine (like some of my family) can use them as juice glasses or something.

Here are a few sites:
    myweddingfavors.com
    favorfavor.com
    discountmugs.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards