Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Videographer, Photographer and Ceremony Musician

I set a goal to pin down all 3 this week. Any recommendations? My wedding is in Center City this November. Hoping to keep the photography <$3500.

Re: Videographer, Photographer and Ceremony Musician

• Not sure what availability will be for photographers Im suggesting bc many popular photographers are already booked for the year.  

My wedding is November 2013 and I just booked Hoffer (he's booked like 60-70% of 2013 already).

Some others I looked at and thought were very talented (I'm a professional photographer so like to think I have a fairly good eye for photography).  

http://sharynfrenkelphotography.com/  This photographer might have been my second choice if Hoffer didn't work out.  I think her photos are great- def check out the blog photos bc it shows you a big number of photos from specific weddings. 
    Her packages start at $3,000 and I believe it said on her website that all packages include 2 photographers, coverage from dressing to cake cutting, and CD of images w/ full printing rights.

Marc Anthony also seems a popular reccomendation: http://marcanthonyphoto.com

• I am not sure if my photographer is booked but check him out: www.singleexposure.com. We are in love with the pictures we have so far (a slide show on his site). He is great to work with and is very talented. Also, reasonably priced for the level of talent what he includes in his package.

I used Martin's for videography. I have not gotten anything back (wedding 2 weeks ago) but they are the right price and I wasn't looking for anything too fancy. Just wanted to document the day for later. I will get the raw footage as well as an edited video.

Also, be wary of recommendations that people have not used personally. Just because someone is mentioned a lot on the board does not mean the people using that vendor wound up happy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • I'm using Be Films for videography.  Haven't worked with them yet, but a friend of mine has for a commercial piece and had a great experience.  They're a husband/wife team, are extremely nice and personable, and do incredible work.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_videographer-photographer-and-ceremony-musician?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:737170d5-fa7f-4c0a-9189-b75d5ecafbe9Post:eafe90f1-72b4-4d0f-9113-fed696f6c3bd">Re: Videographer, Photographer and Ceremony Musician</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am not sure if my photographer is booked but check him out: <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.singleexposure.com.">www.singleexposure.com.</a> We are in love with the pictures we have so far (a slide show on his site). He is great to work with and is very talented. Also, reasonably priced for the level of talent what he includes in his package. I used Martin's for videography. I have not gotten anything back (wedding 2 weeks ago) but they are the right price and I wasn't looking for anything too fancy. Just wanted to document the day for later. I will get the raw footage as well as an edited video. <strong>Also, be wary of recommendations that people have not used personally. Just because someone is mentioned a lot on the board does not mean the people using that vendor wound up happy.</strong>
    Posted by jelybeancg[/QUOTE]

Absolutely.  I had a friend used Marc Anthony and loved him. 
    For the first reccomendation I think she seems great from reviewing her portfolio and weddings shot but def would still reccomend meeting and interviewing with her prior to any decisions, looking through sample albums, ask to see several galleries of wedding images (not jsut the portfolio of the best) and also ask for references of several brides. 

My other reccomendation is to try to stear clear of the big photo companies that have a long list of photographers and you dont find out who you get until several weeks before the wedding.  Just because someone knows how to technically use a camera does not mean that they have the talent to set up a good shot and take good pictures.  Often that is a skill that can't be taught!   You also want someone that you can picture spending your special day with and you are comfortable with bc they will be as much a part of your day as the bridal party!  You don't want someone who annoys you or doesnt make you feel at ease (that will show in your photos!). 
  • Hi!  I am using Kevin York Photography for my wedding.  He is great and offers a lot for the price.  I am searching for a videographer and I am anxious to see what people say.  Good Luck!
  • Hi!

I'm using Colleen Joy from Full Circle Photography. I've already had my e-pics with her and they turned out great. Her packages are well within your budget and she is great to work with. I'd be happy to share info or pics with you if you'd like. PM for more info :-)

Wedding Pic Preview

Anniversary
  • Thanks for all of the great recommendations! We booked Martin's for the video and Lyndsay Docherty for the photography plus photo booth! I'm so excited! Now it's just ceremony music and figuring out where we'll get ready on the day of. My apartment in the city is close-ish to the venue but way too small! ha!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards