Kentucky-Louisville

Recommendations

Hey ladies!

I'm starting to book our vendors. Can you guys recommend DJs, florists and bakeries you had good experiences with?

Thanks!
Jen

Re: Recommendations

• You definitely need to check out Country Squire Florist on Shelbyville Rd - Sarah is amazing and will work with any budget. As for cakes, check out http://www.sweettoothky.com/#favors - Sara is the baker and her cakes were delicious when we did the tasting. Her prices were a little more reasonable than some others we looked at, and she really puts a lot of details into her cake and will work with your design.
  •    Check out Odyssey Mobile Entertainment for your DJ service. - www.odysseymobileentertainment.com - They really do a fantastic job for your reception.
  • Phlen's bakery did my wedding cake - A+
    Sweet Surrender did the grooms cake - A
  • Dixie Florist has been great to work with, and the whole wedding quote we recieved was very reasonable (read: below $1000 for everything!)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ed Purcell is at night owl dj's.  I knew after the first time I talked to him on the phone that we would fit our wedding perfectly.  If you want a fun reception, he's your guy.  He's also the most reasonably priced DJ I have seen in Louisville and I have seriously looked at them ALL!  Nanz and Kraft for your florist.  They deliver, pick up, have rentals and beautiful, beautiful flowers!  A little pricy but oyu definately get everything oyu pay for.  Hope this helps!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kentucky-louisville_recommendations-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:608Discussion:06554b1d-a01b-49e4-9876-a99f3f8f87aaPost:dadffe77-6f27-4d7a-84df-46ff39aec6c0">Recommendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey ladies! I'm starting to book our vendors. Can you guys recommend DJs, florists and bakeries you had good experiences with? Thanks! Jen
    Posted by jenner105[/QUOTE]

I'll second Sarah at Country Squire. I had absolutely no ideas when I went in to talk to her and she was great at coming up with bouquets and centerpieces that really matched me and my husband's tastes. She sat down with me for about 2 hours and we went through a lot of details and the flowers were even prettier than I could've imagined! Best part is that she actually came in UNDER my budget!

Bake My Day did my cake and it tasted as good as it looked!! Very reasonable on prices as well. Owner Jennifer, too, sat down with me and my husband to get a good idea about who we were and what our likes/dislikes were. I will definitely be using her for any cakes I need in the future. <span class="fbProfileBylineFragment"><span class="fbProfileBylineLabel"><span>(502) 386-6388</span></span></span>
  • Though our wedding was in Minneapolis, I can say check out Midwest Sound & Light Shows for your DJ. They have offices in Indy, minneapolis, and one other I think. Their pricing was considerably lower than most other services. We booked them because we liked that they have back-up DJs (jsut in case).While we were planning I was able to meet them at their Indy office, even though their MN office did our wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards