African American Weddings
Options

Is anybody else

so im giving up doing the do before the wedding we had planned on not doing it 30days before lets just say that was an epic fail and i been trying to hold out these last 2.5 weeks before the wedding.....anyone else doing this 
image 99 Made the cut image 76 Are ready to party!
image 23 Will be missing out YAYAYAY image 0 Need to find the mailbox because if they didn't already they no longer can come The RSVP deadline has passed this is the final count Wedding Countdown Ticker image CLick and check out My blog From Ms. To Mrs.

Re: Is anybody else

• Options
    We havent BUT I think this is going to be brought up in our PreMartial session that we should refrain from doing the do until after our vows.  I am hoping my Pastor doesnt bring it up....lol
  • Options
    hahaha lol fingers crossed the pastor dont....a friend of mines pastor told them they should refrain from the engagement until the wedding they were having a year engagement.....lets just say that didnt happen..we agreed to it but the FI is second guessing i think itll be fun in the end right now it sucks 
    image 23 Will be missing out YAYAYAY image 0 Need to find the mailbox because if they didn't already they no longer can come The RSVP deadline has passed this is the final count Wedding Countdown Ticker image CLick and check out My blog From Ms. To Mrs.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_is-anybody-else?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:56e9d330-060e-4055-b9d1-d51850785292Post:5d0dbba9-f2d0-40bd-9066-f15942617f2d">Re: Is anybody else</a>:
    [QUOTE]hahaha lol fingers crossed the pastor dont....a friend of mines pastor told them they should refrain from the engagement until the wedding they were having a year engagement.....lets just say that didnt happen..we agreed to it but the FI is second guessing i think itll be fun in the end right now it sucks 
    Posted by kikilay17[/QUOTE]

I agree with you it will be fun. I'm going to try..lol
  • Options
    I am. I lasted like 2 months post engagement, then failed and felt soooo bad. I have gotten to this point where I feel like Jesus is sitting on my nightstand (bad mental picture) so its not as hard for me anymore. Either that OR i'm just so burned out with these 2 chilren, work, school, and wedding planning that I don't even think about it.
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • Options
    I don't know.  For us, I feel like now that there's a little blueberry in the oven, what the hey.  Might as well keep the party goin Wink

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We decided to fast and go without for two weeks before the wedding. During this time we are going to do some serious prayer and meditation.
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Options
    My FI actually stated that he wanted to wait until the wedding night 2 1/2 weeks before the wedding. Ha! I don't believe him but I'm game to try. I would be able to wait and not give in so it may just work. Good luck
  • Options
    we already dont do "the do"...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_is-anybody-else?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:56e9d330-060e-4055-b9d1-d51850785292Post:eafae29f-8bae-4e7a-8517-4b0aaf4bd17f">Re: Is anybody else</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know.  For us, I feel like now that there's a little blueberry in the oven, what the hey.  Might as well keep the party goin
    Posted by Sophia1913[/QUOTE]

LOVE this.

We may withhold for a week before, but it no more than that.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_is-anybody-else?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:56e9d330-060e-4055-b9d1-d51850785292Post:306f44ae-c9a3-4550-9854-4f90eb46fe02">Re: Is anybody else</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am. I lasted like 2 months post engagement, then failed and felt soooo bad. I have gotten to this point where I feel like Jesus is sitting on my nightstand (bad mental picture) so its not as hard for me anymore. Either that OR i'm just so burned out with these 2 chilren, work, school, and wedding planning that I don't even think about it.
    Posted by MrsSmith2Be02[/QUOTE]

<div>lol dead weak haha jesuson the nightstand.....  how long do u plan on witholding your whole engageent? if so u got strength girl</div>
  • Options
    We're abstaining and boy the closer it gets the more self control I lose. I don't know what it is but he gets finer by the day... Lord today!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!
  • Options
    I'm a "waiting" bride so he has no choice lol, but i've seen ladies post this topic on several boards so I have to ask you guys cause I know you ladies won't be offended...

What's the point of waiting 2 weeks or a month prior? Is it for sexual reasons like to make it better on the wedding night?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_is-anybody-else?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:56e9d330-060e-4055-b9d1-d51850785292Post:ff08c0a3-df10-47ec-a760-570408edd50f">Re: Is anybody else</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a "waiting" bride so he has no choice lol, but i've seen ladies post this topic on several boards so I have to ask you guys cause I know you ladies won't be offended... What's the point of waiting 2 weeks or a month prior? Is it for sexual reasons like to make it better on the wedding night?
    Posted by MsAmeera25[/QUOTE]

I think its to build the anticipation of the night. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_is-anybody-else?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:56e9d330-060e-4055-b9d1-d51850785292Post:2a2841bc-dfd5-4fd1-a145-bfeda3e18ffe">Re: Is anybody else</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is anybody else : I think its to build the anticipation of the night. 
    Posted by RealHappyGal[/QUOTE]

This.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_is-anybody-else?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:56e9d330-060e-4055-b9d1-d51850785292Post:2a2841bc-dfd5-4fd1-a145-bfeda3e18ffe">Re: Is anybody else</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is anybody else : I think its to build the anticipation of the night. 

<div>
    </div><div>Oh ok lol</div>

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_is-anybody-else?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:56e9d330-060e-4055-b9d1-d51850785292Post:4233ae35-c460-446c-a245-7098ba7b7760">Re: Is anybody else</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is anybody else : This.
    Posted by saharnshard[/QUOTE]

<div>Same reason here plus ill feel better about wearing white haha jk </div>
  • Options
    We stopped around Valetine's Day. At first it was a bit difficult since we live together. Thanks to prayer and being busy, its been a bit easier
    " he's the perfect rhyme to a tight beat." Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

We've talked about waiting for at least a month before the wedding. I'm hoping by that time I'll be too busy to even think about it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_is-anybody-else?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:56e9d330-060e-4055-b9d1-d51850785292Post:2a2841bc-dfd5-4fd1-a145-bfeda3e18ffe">Re: Is anybody else</a>:

I agree. This is the reason why FI said he wanted to wait a month before the wedding. The longest we waited was two weeks and that was because we were on a little break up last year. It will definitely be hard to go a month before but I'm willing to TRY. Pus by us living together makes it that much harder especially since he likes to spoon me while he sleeps.
  • Options
    We're shooting for 14 days prior.
    Vacation White Knot
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Is anybody else:[QUOTE]We stopped around Valetine's Day. At first it was a bit difficult since we live together. Thanks to prayer and being busy, its been a bit easier Posted by mrswac58[/QUOTE
    THIS. We have refrained since Nov wedding in May. It has been hard but now its like we have come this far we might as well ride it out and wait til that night :
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_is-anybody-else?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:56e9d330-060e-4055-b9d1-d51850785292Post:5c53bf29-f76a-454c-933f-07e77f075eb5">Re: Is anybody else</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is anybody else : lol dead weak haha jesuson the nightstand.....  how long do u plan on witholding your whole engageent? if so u got strength girl
    Posted by kikilay17[/QUOTE]

That's the plan. But a lot of it has to do with how my Pastor in DC when I lived there explained everything. He would have these random phrases for the single ladies : "No contract no contact" "Keep it locked until I get my rock" I thought it was crazy first time I heard them, but it does make sense.  The plan is entire engagement. FI is not happy w/ me right now (especially since we have 2 kids), but he'll be alright.  Prayer is the only thing that works!
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • Options

You ladies keep me entertained! FI and I just came to the conclusion like a few nights ago that we were going to press the "Pause" button on our "coloring sessions" (stole this from the 1st Sex and the City movie) until the wedding night.... Now I'm really starting my countdown until July 14th...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i hope yall stay stong hell i posted and damn near failed this morning i know tmi lol but living together and not doing the do is making us stressed 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards