Retro and Vintage Weddings
Options

centerpieces CHECK! (PIP)

My mom and I spent most of last week looking for materials for my DIY decorations. Everything we found is EXACTLY what I wanted, I'm so happy with how it turned out. Based on the estimate from the florist, we saved over $200 on just the bucket centerpieces alone by having it be DIY. Crazy how expensive flowers are!

Here's all 3 of them together. The buckets are going to be hung on shepherds hooks lining the aisle for the ceremony. We'll take the veins off when we place them on the tables for the reception.

They're not anything big and fancy but I think they will look great together. The table will have lots of tea lights and flower petals around it as well.  I can now relax knowing that my vision for the wedding is turning out.

Re: centerpieces CHECK! (PIP)

• Options
    Love the buckets! Very cute!
    Crosswalk
  • Options
    I really like the lantern lookin' piece in the middle.
    Do you plan on doing more with it? Maybe something to "antique" the metal portion?

Just curious.
    *Katie & David* July 22nd 2011 Our Shindig and Blog Updated Weekly! Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_retro-vintage-weddings_centerpieces-check-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:667Discussion:8c05289d-3063-4fb3-bd52-5eb2a423a900Post:71bb8191-025c-4065-a871-7c1e4411b9ec">Re: centerpieces CHECK! (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really like the lantern lookin' piece in the middle. Do you plan on doing more with it? Maybe something to "antique" the metal portion? Just curious.
    Posted by Chandler2Be[/QUOTE]

Didn't even think about that! How would one go about antinguing it? The metal isn't as shiny as it looks in the picture.
  • Options
    I'm really not sure. I've personally never done it...but I do know you can DIY.

I think they sell special washes/paints that can give that affect at Home Depot. and any crafting store.
    *Katie & David* July 22nd 2011 Our Shindig and Blog Updated Weekly! Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    adorable! :)

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • Options
    Oooh! I really like! The lantern looks galvanized & a lot of paints cannot be used on galvanized metals. I would leave it alone. Pretty the way it is!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards