Canada-Ontario

Hair/Makeup Trials - Tips?

Hey girls,

When i get my trials done for the hair and makeup, do i need to also tip the hair dresser/makeup person?

What about during the wedding? Do i need to tip them on top of the amount they charge?

Re: Hair/Makeup Trials - Tips?

• StephieBowStephieBow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My hairstylist is an independant and makes 100% of the money I'm paying him - doesn't go through a salon or any third party - right into his pocket so... I'm on the fence on this one....

He might do a little extra for me on the day of the wedding so I MAY tip him then.. but my trial, likely not.
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• CanRusCanRus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the response! that helps

same situation here. both the makeup and the hair people are independent and don't work out of a salon.

That's why i'm thinking not to tip. But i also don't want to end up looking cheap or rude...
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I tipped both at the trial and on the wedding day just because her prices were so reasonable in the first place. And she did great work.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would tip for the trial!
  • edited December 2011
    I am tipping for hair as its at a salon.

Makeup -friend from highschool who does makeup on the side (one of her many jobs!). My trial is free and makeup for the day is $40 each. I plan to tip for the day of and she asked to be "tagged" in facebook photos if I choose to post any -so that's free advertising :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CanRusCanRus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ended up tipping the makeup person. I don't even know why because what she did was horrible. I'm kinda disappointed :(

I wanted to tip my hair person but she didnt take it, said i'm being silly. she on the other hand did an amazing job.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm tipping for both:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards